We-aint-got-no-badges-1.jpg

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    What makes these even remotely useful? I see no purpose of having one unless you were a wanna be sheriff of your neighborhood. I carry a gun for protection, not because I wish I were law enforcement. I see no value in a CCW badge.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Is there ANYBODY out there who likes ccw badges?

OK I am going to buck the trend here, I see tremendous value in them! They serve several purposes ;

1 Serve as a reminder that no matter how idiotic the idea someone will buy it

2 They are a great source of humor, every time I see one, and I have I lmao

Just my .02

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    If you are going to identify yourself to officialdom then identify yourself to the public.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    No use for CCW Badges. I prefer the bright Yellow or Orange Sash worn across my shoulder, emblazoned with "CCW". Just kidding. No use for any CCW advertising. No gun company logos either. I call it "shoot me first" wear.

cooltools

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2012
    Is there ANYBODY out there who likes ccw badges?

Few years ago my son gave me one for Christmas and we both joked about it. But what about this scenario : While doing some shopping someone happens to see your gun calls 911 yelling MWAG like the 2012 Costco Erick Scott incident in Nevada. LEO rightly swarms the store while store is being evacuated. You exit the store and someone yells thats him, referring to you. You have your CC badge in your hand due to knowing they are talking about you due to conversation with a store employee and for all practical purposes from a distance appears to be a LEO badge. Now maybe you have breathing room, literally , before all hell breaks loose. I personally have never badged anyone nor do I plan too even in jest. What say you all to this scenario ?

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Few years ago my son gave me one for Christmas and we both joked about it. But what about this scenario : While doing some shopping someone happens to see your gun calls 911 yelling MWAG like the 2012 Costco Erick Scott incident in Nevada. LEO rightly swarms the store while store is being evacuated. You exit the store and someone yells thats him, referring to you. You have your CC badge in your hand due to knowing they are talking about you due to conversation with a store employee and for all practical purposes from a distance appears to be a LEO badge. Now maybe you have breathing room, literally , before all hell breaks loose. I personally have never badged anyone nor do I plan too even in jest. What say you all to this scenario ?

Doesn't 911 ask "what is the MWAG doing?" before sending someone? Maybe I'm naive, but unless the MWAG is doing something suspicious or threatening, then there's no response. And if the police do approach me while carrying, the LAST thing I'm going to do is reach into my pocket, pull something out, and wave it at them.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    If a prosecutor can make hay from a slogan on your AR15 dust cover, what do you think they'll say about a CCW badge?

I'm sure these badges clip on nicely to Bad Idea Jeans.

Top Bottom