• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Astrocreep

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indy
    I know that the Indiana State Fair prohibits firearms and 'deadly weapons'.

Schools, airplanes, secure areas of the airport, and government buildings are all prohibited areas for CCW according to Indiana Code. There are obvious criminal offenses attached to them.

The Indiana State Fair isn't in the IC, it's governed by Indiana Administrative Code (IAC) Title 80:
    Indiana General Assembly - Indiana Register

It does not provide civil penalties or criminal offenses for its policies. It simply states:
    (c) Any deadly weapon found in the possession of a person while on the fairgrounds during the annual state fair is subject to
    immediate confiscation by law enforcement officers or other persons authorized by the executive director of the state fair commission.

I love going to the State Fair but this is one rule that really irks me. There's always a significant LEO presence at the fair, but we all know that 38th street between Meridian and Keystone isn't exactly a crime-free zone. My safety is MY responsibility.

I'm worried about getting my ccw confiscated and ending up in some official's personal collection.
    I'm also worried about getting my ccw stolen from my truck while I'm eating a corndog.
    I've always felt vulnerable without it while I'm visiting the fair. The parking lots don't feel safe either.

Does anyone have any experience with this?
    Has anyone been spotted/reported for ccw at the fair?
    Did LEO's / fair officials hassle you? Did you get your firearm returned?

Kw55018

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2009
    Clay City
    I was told a couple years back just to keep it covered up or leave. Ive carried up there for years, even worked there CCing never realy had a problem.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I've not been willing to be the test case...

So, I "obey the law" when I go to the State Fair.

But I definitely do find it interesting that it's in the IAC and not the IC. I wonder what sort of prosecution could be mounted...other than the confiscation. And is the confiscation even legal itself?

Also "funny" that it's only prohibited during the State Fair... All other events/times at the fairgrounds are legal.

-J-

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    I leave mine in the truck while working at the State Fair, but then I park behind at the Deaf School. Guess I'm a bad guy!

Top Bottom