• ...and so much more!
  • Nodonutz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2014
    Alexandria
    Sounds like a lot of work for $75.
    It'll be $125, since the local agency will also waive their $50 fee... that's a good amount of ammo. Things are looking up.... I contacted my former agency - the Admin Capt. is writing a letter re: my retirement status. He was one of my former trainees. I guess I treated him OK, since he took my call and responded to my e-mail.
    The ISP guy, though *SMH* -I e-mailed him and pointed out the specific IC section - thank you HoughMade. I wrote him I was going to make a follow up call since I had sent the e-mail before hours. I called the guy up, to find out what needed to be in the letter HE said I needed.
    Me: "Hello ISP guy...blah-blah I sent you an e-mail, did you get it?"
    ISP: *Silence* but I heard breathing.
    Me:"Hello?" :dunno:
    ISP:"Yup"
    Me: "So, what needs to be in the letter I need, and what is the process?"
    ISP: *Silence* breathing
    Me:"OH, OKAY, I guess this is where you tell me I take the letter to my local agency and they will submit the paperwork?"
    (I had talked to the locals and they told me what to do, sorta, just wanted clarification since this was the guy who SHOULD know)
    :bat:Ya, snarky me came out. I should not have to go into interrogation mode to get basic answers from a public servant.
    ISP:"Yup. Then legal will review it." -more breathing and silence-
    Me:" Alrighty then, thanks for ALL your help." CLICK

Locals said he's a really nice guy and have had no problems working with him. As a customer looking for information, I disagree. I've spent 30+ years in customer service, private and public sector, and BOTH times I've called this dude is LACKING - in demeanor, his ignorance of the law, and willingness to provide service/information.

Last edited:

Nodonutz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2014
    Alexandria
    STILL waiting for my former department to send my retirement letter! It's only been 4 weeks, 3 emails and 2 phone calls assuring me they are 'working' on it. Holy Crap, it's a 3 line letter on a fancy piece of paper. The upper staff are all folks I worked with, so it's not like I'm a stranger. **SMH**

Nodonutz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2014
    Alexandria
    UPDATE: So after nearly 2 months of communications, prodding, assurances that "I'll get on it", I got a a 3 line letter that says that I was in fact employed as a LEO. Capt. e-mailed me a pdf of the letter (thankfully) and said he would get the actual letter in the mail ASAP. That was last week. I'm assuming the Pony Express horse threw a shoe. Anyway - I e-mailed that, and other supporting documents to Madison Co. SO - the records staff at MSO, Kim and crew have been AWESOME! She said it should be a couple of weeks before I get anything in the mail. We shall see....​

Nodonutz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2014
    Alexandria
    OMG! The ISP Firearms division is CLUELESS! After submitting ALL the necessary documentation as to my employment, retirement and disability pension I get a letter telling me I have to send proof of 20 years service AND proof of retirement. WTF? They obviously do not know the law. This is AFTER I've had more than one e-mail discussion as to what Ind. Code § 35-47-15-4 says (Thanks HoughMade)....Oh, and to send them a money order, which their website says they don't accept.
    Sheesh!

Nodonutz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2014
    Alexandria
    FYI folks Kirk's mailbox is full... tried to send him a message.
    ISP=Ineptitude Supplied Profusely. I called the number provided - went through the automated blah-blah-blah, said it was transferring me to someone "The system can not complete your request" **CLICK**
    I think they want people to give up.... :xmad::xmad:

doublesharp

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Clark County
    I got my first ltch in the mid 70s in Clark County. Buddy Parker was sheriff and he was a good one. No problems except the renewal hassle every 4 years. I applied and got the lifetime permit when they were first available and after having mine for several years I moved down the road about 2 miles so I updated my license. It was free to update but a $20 fee if I wanted a new wallet card. I figured it was good policy to have my ltch and my dl show the same address so I paid the toll and got my updated card a couple weeks later.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    More along the lines of: because of inept 'government' they cause law abiding folks to turn into anarchists. :rolleyes:

vekurd.jpg

Inept government certainly helped me discover my inner anarchist. :)

Nodonutz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2014
    Alexandria
    Eureka! Being a native Californian that has deep seated meaning..... Kirk promptly responded to my e-mail and called me. He reached out to a contact @ ISP. Shortly thereafter I received an e-mail from ISP. They've read my posts and e-mails - I will be going into hiding for a while - a la the TV show 'Hunted'. I think I saw a drone flying overhead and strange clicking noises during my cell phone call with Kirk. I guess they did not find the veiled humor.....
    Actually -
    IT'S BEEN APPROVED!!!!!Now I'm gonna be like Ralphie at the mailbox.
    Ralphie.jpg

Last edited:

Nodonutz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2014
    Alexandria
    Inept government certainly helped me discover my inner anarchist. :)
    :laugh:When I was a LEO I tried to do everything to help out and work with folks - patience was strained at times, and all together absent other times. I had had some frustrating interactions with cops when I was younger, and swore I would never be that kind of cop. I think I succeeded, overall. Now that I'm a senior citizen - I qualify for AARP - my tolerance and patience is woefully lacking. Used it all up.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Eureka! Being a native Californian that has deep seated meaning..... Kirk promptly responded to my e-mail and called me. He reached out to a contact @ ISP. Shortly thereafter I received an e-mail from ISP. They've read my posts and e-mails - I will be going into hiding for a while - a la the TV show 'Hunted'. I think I saw a drone flying overhead and strange clicking noises during my cell phone call with Kirk. I guess they did not find the veiled humor.....
    Actually -
    IT'S BEEN APPROVED!!!!!Now I'm gonna be like Ralphie at the mailbox.
    View attachment 54170
    I'm very happy for you but it's shameful that it had to go down to this. Thanks Kirk for standing up for him.

Top Bottom