• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    So you know thats a 38 special?

That 38 is waaaaay more effective than ANY 380.

By FAAAAAR!!!

I'll take shot placement over muzzle energy figures. Gets me is how so many are expert at what is effective like they have been in multiple gunfights with various calibers.

I chose to handload years ago, the cost of reproducing BB loads is a fraction of actually buying them.
    As for discomfort, as I said above, if you are recoil sensitive than the 380 is for you.

I've reloaded for over 30 years too. Basically when it comes to hod rodding a 642 if I want a 38 Special that feels like I'm shooting a 357 I'll shoot a steel 357. I DO HAVE a 642 and shooting Speer 135s works just fine for me. But I can still shoot the LCP II better and the Glock 42 much better.

climber1218

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 2, 2011
    Converse
    I must agree that in this day and age the Sig 365 has made this argument moot...however, given the 2 options, the choice would be the one that I can conceal more easily, and for me, that would be my LCP in a pocket holster, especially on a hot summer day when I'm only wearing shorts and a tee!

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Top choice is a compact 9.

When I'm carrying a j frame or 380 it's in a pocket, as they work better for me in the pocket, than even micro 9s. I can draw, and put effective shots on target faster with the j frame, than the 380 so it gets my vote.

Top Bottom