• ...and so much more!
  • jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Has anyone been following this situation? Quick recap:

Elected Constable Hatch first made the news for interfering with an IMPD officer helping to serve an eviction. Yelling and chaos ensued. Next the entity responsible for the Marion County radio system blocked her office’s use of county radios. Then one of her deputy constables was arrested for illegally carrying a handgun after a domestic violence incident. Video again shows Hatch screaming and cursing at arresting officers.

Now this:

Two arrested for impersonation, but jail refuses prisoners

:popcorn:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I didn't even know we had Constables in this country. I thought that was a UK thing.
    My understanding was that smaller towns and townships would have constables or a town marshal so that the Sheriff's Dept. doesn't have to do EVERYTHING in a more rural county....but this doesn't seem to fit that notion.

Seems more like the infamous Forest Preserve Police in Cook County where anyone who knew the right people could get a badge.

CallSign Snafu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Apr 3, 2015
    Indy
    They are primarily there to conduct service of process for claims from the small claims court of the township where they are constable. They also typically assist with move outs for evictions. The initial drama the OP referred is part of why it is such poopy stinky farty show.

Top Bottom