• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • changelac

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Feb 6, 2011
    I got the information on polishing the barrel and complete slide dissasembly from KTOG(Kel Tec Owners Group). For applying and baking the Ceramacoat finish I just followed the instructions that came with the can. I think I got the Ceramacoat from Midway USA. I found it to be a fairly easy project.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Interesting. So you used the ceramcoat on all the exterior surfaces, or even on the inside of the slide, etc?

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    In well over 2000 rounds of 9mm and about 4000 of .22 I have yet to accidentally release the magazine.

The coating looks good, I have to say the original finish on mine is holding up fine, never have had a rust issue like many say they have had. Of course I wipe my guns down after carrying them all day.

Even with whipping my down it rusts. Never had any issue with any other carry gun.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I'm going to durakoat the barrel and the outside of the slide. I have found no rust on the inside of the slide. I think I'm going to go with sniper Grey, it should contrast the OD green frame well.

Top Bottom