• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I had a conversation with a fellow shooter the other day at the range. He was telling me he stopped using CFE 223 because it fouled up and clogged his gas port really fast on his AR 15. He said it was very dirty power.

Has anyone experienced anything like this while using CFE 223 in their AR 15's or AR 10's?

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    I'm trying some CFE right now and I'm not impressed with the accuracy, and it does seem smoky but the other night the humidity was up and the wind was down so anything would have left a haze in front of me

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    63   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    I have used cfe 223 in the past, not my go to powder, ran a couple pounds , accuracy was ok, didn't notice any more fouling than 335, I did set my bullets a hair deeper than usually called for to help with accuracy just a slight pressure increase gave me about 50 fps more! Just wondering if he is get a complete burn or using a short barrel or silencer???

Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I have used cfe 223 in the past, not my go to powder, ran a couple pounds , accuracy was ok, didn't notice any more fouling than 335, I did set my bullets a hair deeper than usually called for to help with accuracy just a slight pressure increase gave me about 50 fps more! Just wondering if he is get a complete burn or using a short barrel or silencer???

What I seen him shooting he had a 16" barrel and no suppressor.

Top Bottom