• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tomcat13

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Near Louisville
    Does anyone know of any pistols or rifles in current production, chambered for the 30 carbine round (besides Universal's Semi-Auto)? It's a nice round for Plinking & all I have is a WWII era M-1 Carbine & my Trusty Ruger Blackhawk. Anything else out there? Thanks

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    I wish. I totally agree that it's the perfect plinking cartridge, good for vermin, great for HD. I can't explain why someone isn't making a little .30 Carbine. And Kahr/Auto-Ordnance is not getting a dime from me unless they cut the price by like $250-$300.

If there is a more fun plinker/better HD cartridge I'll eat it.

Hello, Kel-Tec?!?!

I think the 7.62x25 would be equally fun from a little carbine.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Current production? I think you're out of luck.

You CAN find AutoMag pistols in .30Carbine, as well as some of the Ruger Blackhawks.

I think that a Ruger rifle, like the 10/22, in .30Carbine would be SWEET...but it'll never happen.

-J-

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    I've shot the Ruger blackhawk in 30 carbine. Problem with it is you have to keep the chambers of the cylinders really clean. As for anything modern say from the last 20 years you are SOL. The auto mags come to market once in a great while but usually sell for around $500-$600. Also 30carbine isn't cheap anymore. The best prices that I have found recently was $20 a box for Aguila.

fireball168

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Clinton
    As for anything modern say from the last 20 years you are SOL.

Olympic Arms made the PCR-30 AR-15 in 30 Carbine, production stopped somewhere around 2002 as I recall.

They won't sell/don't have any of the magazine adapters at this point(the only thing I'm interested in).

This joint makes AR uppers and magazine adapters for consumption in the UK. Have had some conversations with them, but haven't got any thing from them, yet.

Southern Gun Company, manufacture custom AR15 rifles, parts and accessories.

fireball168

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Clinton
    Wouldn't be any problem making up a 30 Carbine bolt rifle, especially if you were up for the magazine fabrication yourself.

I'm relatively certain a centerfeed Savage originally in 223 could be mildly modified to give decent feeding performance in short order.

I sell 45 Win Mag Savage barrels quite regularly, along with 7.62x25.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Yes, but I want something in .30 Carbine that isn't a family heirloom or costs $800.

Top Bottom