• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • prduke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    Noblesville
    We have moved...still in Indiana...and I did the online change of address for my LTCH. My question is, how do I know that it was changed in the system? I am not getting a new card...unless you think I should. I just wanted to be sure that the state has changed my info. Not sure how to check.

Thanks!

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    Same issue here and my understanding is that the address change you did with ISP is all that is required. I have seen nothing that mandates you having to pony up the $20.00 to replace your LTCH every time you change your address. Clarification from others is requested here.

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    First go here: https://firearms.ariesportal.com/Public/FindApplication.aspx

Enter your information and you will then be presented with a application number and a chance to create a password. After you get that go here: https://firearms.ariesportal.com/

There you will hit the signin button and enter the application number and password from the first link. You will then be shown your current address. Once they change it in the system it should be reflected there. If after a few weeks it is not updated I would call them to confirm.

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    I wonder if you did pay the $20 would you get one of the new plastic cards?

They only issue plastic cards now. So yes.

Also, to answer your earlier question: No, you do not need a duplicate or new license for an address or name change. Technically you don't even have to carry your license so it is kind of a moot point.

Side note: I recommend carrying it. Technically you are breaking the law if not licensed and there is a part of Indiana Code that puts the burden of proof on you to prove you are exempt from Indiana law prohibiting the carry of a handgun. This does not mean you have to carry your license but if you get a truly stuck up cop I believe they could legally arrest you while denying to search for your license in their computer system. The code also states that you are to be released and the record of arrest be destroyed once your present the LTCH. So, while there is no requirement to carry the LTCH or penalty for failure to do so... with the burden being on you to prove you are exempt from the laws against carrying a handgun I recommend you do so.

IC 35-47-2-24
    Indictment or information; defendant's burden to prove exemption
    or license; arrest, effect of production of valid license, or
    establishment of exemption

Sec. 24. (a) In an information or indictment brought for the
    enforcement of any provision of this chapter, it is not necessary to
    negate any exemption specified under this chapter, or to allege the
    absence of a license required under this chapter. The burden of proof
    is on the defendant
    to prove that he is exempt under section 2 of this
    chapter, or that he has a license as required under this chapter.

(b) Whenever a person who has been arrested or charged with a
    violation of section 1 of this chapter presents a valid license to the
    prosecuting attorney or establishes that he is exempt under section 2
    of this chapter, any prosecution for a violation of section 1 of this
    chapter shall be dismissed immediately
    , and all records of an arrest
    or proceedings following arrest shall be destroyed immediately.

Last edited:

PaulJF

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 3, 2010
    Linden
    I changed my address using the online system as explained above. 4 weeks later and it was still showing as pending. I sent them an email asking about the pending status. 3 days later I received a reply verifying my correct address and stating it has now been changed in the system.

prduke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    Noblesville

Enter your information and you will then be presented with a application number and a chance to create a password. After you get that go here: https://firearms.ariesportal.com/

There you will hit the signin button and enter the application number and password from the first link. You will then be shown your current address. Once they change it in the system it should be reflected there. If after a few weeks it is not updated I would call them to confirm.

Thanks....i'll do that

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville

Thanks a lot. Easy to follow instructions on the link.

Bob

slowG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    I changed my address using the online system as explained above. 4 weeks later and it was still showing as pending. I sent them an email asking about the pending status. 3 days later I received a reply verifying my correct address and stating it has now been changed in the system.

What was the email address you sent to for future reference?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    They only issue plastic cards now. So yes.

Also, to answer your earlier question: No, you do not need a duplicate or new license for an address or name change. Technically you don't even have to carry your license so it is kind of a moot point.

Side note: I recommend carrying it. Technically you are breaking the law if not licensed and there is a part of Indiana Code that puts the burden of proof on you to prove you are exempt from Indiana law prohibiting the carry of a handgun. This does not mean you have to carry your license but if you get a truly stuck up cop I believe they could legally arrest you while denying to search for your license in their computer system. The code also states that you are to be released and the record of arrest be destroyed once your present the LTCH. So, while there is no requirement to carry the LTCH or penalty for failure to do so... with the burden being on you to prove you are exempt from the laws against carrying a handgun I recommend you do so.

In Indiana. Check the laws for reciprocity if you travel. Some states that honor our permit DO require you carry it on your person. (I recall seeing it once, but dont recall specifically which state) And I wouldnt put it past at least one of them to also require the info be accurate to honor it. Could be one big S*** sammitch to not carry or carry with wrong info only to find out the hard way you arent legal.

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    In Indiana. Check the laws for reciprocity if you travel. Some states that honor our permit DO require you carry it on your person. (I recall seeing it once, but dont recall specifically which state) And I wouldnt put it past at least one of them to also require the info be accurate to honor it. Could be one big S*** sammitch to not carry or carry with wrong info only to find out the hard way you arent legal.

Yea, you should always research the laws before carrying in another state. I doubt you would be charged though for having a physical LTCH with an old address since it is Indiana's policy to not issue new licenses for such a change. As for having the LTCH on you... well, legal or not in other states I would consider it a no-brainer to carry that with you.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    I filed for updated LTCH 1.5 months ago. Received new permit 3 weeks later and it was still just pink paper. I have no idea what this plastic one is about

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I filed for updated LTCH 1.5 months ago. Received new permit 3 weeks later and it was still just pink paper. I have no idea what this plastic one is about

Read. Effective Oct 1, paper is out, plastic is in. You missed the plastic cutoff by .5 months. :):

Top Bottom