• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    So I want to put some better sight on the m9 (night friendly). As this is my preferred OC choice.
    One problem... the sights are fixed! I like the traditional single middle rear dot as opposed to the 92fs's double dot set up, but how the hell can I add some new sights?

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    You are pretty much limited with the front sight, although there are a few custom gunsmiths that install either a taller sight that mount over the factory sight, or modifies the slide.

If you want night sights, call Trijicon and they will give you instructions of where to send the slide to be modified and have night sights installed. Nice folks, really professional.

The rear sight should be a normal dovetail mounted sight. Check brownells, I am sure they can fix you up with something that you like better.

I have also done pretty well with painting the dots black for a bullseye target pistol.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    In the summertime you can just catch a lightning bug and just smash it tail on the front sight. That will glow for a while. In the winter time you will just have to stay home at night.

I hope this helps. I am only trying to get 50 quality posts so I can sell a junk handgun in the classified section.:dunno:

JasonB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2013
    Pittsboro, IN
    So I want to put some better sight on the m9 (night friendly). As this is my preferred OC choice.
    One problem... the sights are fixed! I like the traditional single middle rear dot as opposed to the 92fs's double dot set up, but how the hell can I add some new sights?

Same boat with 92FS... Duracoat has paint that they say is as bright as most night sights... Was considering it on mine, figure $16 plus shipping may be better start than $160 plus shipping plus FFL to get Slide back to have it bored to have sight installed is better for standing with my wife.

DuraCoat DuraGlo Night Sight Paint

ErickB

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Schererville
    On a brigadier slide, there is enough material for a gunsmith to cut out a dovetail for the front.

Other than that, I think you're limited to sending the slide in to Tooltech.

Home

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Same boat with 92FS... Duracoat has paint that they say is as bright as most night sights... Was considering it on mine, figure $16 plus shipping may be better start than $160 plus shipping plus FFL to get Slide back to have it bored to have sight installed is better for standing with my wife.

DuraCoat DuraGlo Night Sight Paint

That's def worth a try! I think I'll order some! Thanks man.

AJBB87

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Here
    Other than that, I think you're limited to sending the slide in to Tooltech.

Home

^^^^^ Tooltech is extremely popular with the Beretta community for adding night sights to Beretta slides.

From what I've heard, they are very quick with turn around times.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    I have XS Big Dot sights on my 92F. I sent the slide directly to XS Sights and they milled a shallow dovetail in the front of the slide for $60 as I recall. They installed the sights also. Even though I only shipped them the slide, the sights were perfectly on target when I assembled and shot the pistol. I have these sights on all my pistols and love the 24/7 night version.

Could be an option for ya...if you want to go with that style of sight.

Top Bottom