• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    I use two cut up dryer sheets each time with my tumbler using corn cob media. Every 10th to 12th time I polish brass I replace 1/3 of the corn cob media (you can usually tell when it's dirty enough to need a change). Works well for me.

binkerton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    When using the stainless pins, do you still put polish in the media. If so, what kind and how much? I've been using the same walnut for a while and keep adding polish to it once in a while. Thought about trying something new.

canebreaker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2020
    Horn Lake
    I've used dryer sheets in my media since I started. Start with 1 or 2 then add as media gets old, no need to cut them up. Walnut media does a better job of cleaning cases. Corncob media does better for polishing. I'm ready to dump the medias the 3rd time since '90. It goes into a flowerbed.

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    63   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    I have actually saved my dirty walnut media and loaded it into woman stockings, throw them in a bucket of hot water with dawn give it a few stirs and it comes out very clean, i can reuse it again that way, the dirt and grime from brass mainly coats the media, getting rid of it will bring the media back to life. After it is cleaned i put some in the vibrator ,add some nu finish run for a half hour and it is good to go, yes dry it first after cleaning. I have also bought the walnut media blaster from harbour freight but it is bigger and will plug up flash holes

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    When using the stainless pins, do you still put polish in the media. If so, what kind and how much? I've been using the same walnut for a while and keep adding polish to it once in a while. Thought about trying something new.
    I use 1/4 teaspoon of Lemi Shine in each batch of water when using SS pins. That and some Dawn dishwashing detergent is all you need.

Indy574

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    Marshall County
    I’ve wet tumbled with SS media for years and love it. Every once in a while I’ll use my vibrating tumbler with corn cob or walnut hulls. Hard to beat the price on this.

Top Bottom