• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mwsoccer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 7, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Anyone know of the cheapest place in the Indianapolis area for Class III transfers? Possibly on multiple items at the same time? Also if anyone knows a dealer that has the Isis-2 in stock? Thanks

mwsoccer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 7, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Thanks for the response. Do you know what you paid for the transfer. Did beech grove keep their class 3 license even with Allen leaving? So far I am not getting much of a response from local dealers. Also looking at the Tirant-9 and octane 9 and have found ordering online and paying the transfer fee still saves quite a bit of money.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    I know that Premier Arms in Brownsburg is a partner with the Silencer Shop in their "Silencer Shop Direct" program. I recently ordered a suppressor and they are handling the transfer on this end. I've heard from a number of INGO members that Premier is run by good folks.

mwsoccer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 7, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I know that Premier Arms in Brownsburg is a partner with the Silencer Shop in their "Silencer Shop Direct" program. I recently ordered a suppressor and they are handling the transfer on this end. I've heard from a number of INGO members that Premier is run by good folks.

Thanks for the response. I would prefer to buy directly from a shop in Indy but with how much I can save ordering it online and transferring it to a shop in town it doesn't make since.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Beech Grove Firearms still handles class III items, and would be happy to assist you.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Indy Trading Post charges $50.
    Beech Grove Firearms charges $75.
    Elmore's charges $100.

Those are all I know, but those are all accurate as of this week.

mwsoccer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 7, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Thanks for all the responses. I found a great deal on an octane 9 hd from a shop in Georgia and hopefully the form 3 was started yesterday. Now to figure out what mounts/pistons to buy. The one I bought did not come with a piston. If anyone has any recommendations for a 9mm ar, 22 rifles and possibly a threaded cz I would appreciate it.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Thanks for all the responses. I found a great deal on an octane 9 hd from a shop in Georgia and hopefully the form 3 was started yesterday. Now to figure out what mounts/pistons to buy. The one I bought did not come with a piston. If anyone has any recommendations for a 9mm ar, 22 rifles and possibly a threaded cz I would appreciate it.

I personally wouldn't run 22 through an Octane, just me though.

If you're looking for a threaded 22 CZ, they make the 455 American and 455 Tacticool, both suppressor ready

As for the 9mm AR, lots of options out there anymore. I've had a Sig MPX on order since the NRA show and a suppressor waiting cause I've been too lazy to send the form 4 off for it. Just Right Carbins are threaded now, CMMG, and a lot of others offer actualy 9mm ARs. CZ's Evo Scorpion is threaded but you need a thread adapter for it. You should also be able to run 300blk subsonics through the Octane as well

Just need a fixed barrel spacer to replace the piston spring

mwsoccer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 7, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Sorry I wasn't very clear. Already have the guns (9mm ar, 22 ars, cz etc. Was looking more for recommendations on mounts such as 3 lug adapter vs fixed barrel adapter vs fixed barrel spacer in the piston. Also with it not coming with a piston does anyone know if it will come with the spring?

As far as 22 through it, I have a 22 can as well so it won't be often I shoot 22 through the octane but we want the option.

thanks

mwsoccer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 7, 2011
    Indianapolis
    It seems with class 3 stuff prices are all over the place and if you can save money by doing some quick research why not. Transfer costs have ranged from $50 to $100. I called around and visited a couple local shops to get prices on a couple different cans. All their prices were several hundred more even after the transfer costs than what I could find out of state. So maybe "cheap" wasn't the right word but "cheaper" yes.

apparently the quote button didn't work but meant to quote vette above.

Last edited:

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Gotcha. I'd say it still has the spring, the the reason it doesn't come with the piston is because the retailer removed it, sold it, swapped, etc.

I don't have any personal experience with a 3 lug mount, but one day I think I want to give it a try (might use AAC rebate credit on one) but for the time being, I was just going to go the fixed barrel spacer route

mwsoccer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 7, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I found several online retailers selling without the piston so not sure what that was about. Even having to buy a piston I still saved quite a bit even over a place like silencershop.

Gotcha. I'd say it still has the spring, the the reason it doesn't come with the piston is because the retailer removed it, sold it, swapped, etc.

I don't have any personal experience with a 3 lug mount, but one day I think I want to give it a try (might use AAC rebate credit on one) but for the time being, I was just going to go the fixed barrel spacer route

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I found several online retailers selling without the piston so not sure what that was about. Even having to buy a piston I still saved quite a bit even over a place like silencershop.

Trying to move inventory probably, keeping the piston allowed them to sell it and get a little money back on the investment but they probably lost money in the deal, but moved inventory

Unknownrash

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2011
    Looks like Profire Arms and Supply is doing class 3 transfer for $50. Per their website @ Profire Arms and Supply - Transfers

Can't say I would recommend them at this point. Communication is sorely lacking. I had a can approved several months ago and they sat on the stamp for a while. I kept calling about it and the owner said that he said "oh, didn't you get the letter I sent to your house that the stamp arrived?" I never got a letter. Why B.S like that? I wasn't born yesterday.

I currently have a can on order there right now that I bought from them on 8/21/14 and I can't get a straight answer on why it hasn't been approved on the Form 3 yet. Really tempted to cancel the whole thing. Never again.

Premier Arms on the other hand has been great. Picked up three cans I bought through Silencershop in the last couple of months. They call as soon as they get the stamp in. It has been hassle free.

Top Bottom