• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jtmarine1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Lexington, IN
    Mods please feel free to move this if you believe it belongs eslewhere.

I have not dealt with Cheaper than Dirt in about 3yrs now because of their over-priced ammo and accesories and just plain junk that they like to market. Unfortunately I still get their catalog which I wish I didn't because I frequently see something on the cover as I am filing it that makes my blood boil. And guess what, it just happened again!

Lake City .223/5.56 M855 SS109 1000rd loose pack for $799.97.:xmad::dunno::xmad:

You know that it is XM855 and more than likely since it is loose pack it is PD and they want $.80 a round for it, SWEET JESUS! I'm sorry but it just burns me because even after the Election I was still buying it anywhere from $400 to $450 for Non-PD Lake City!

And another thing that burns me is back in January I was heade to Kiesler's in Jeffersonville to get some 5.56 because they had just got a butt-load in and were selling it for $400/1000rd and when I got there they said they were out of it because Cheaper than Dirt had just bought both pallets they had left. Probably the same ammo they have advertised right now.

How do people deal with these crooks?:dunno:

:ar15:CHEAPER THAN DIRT

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I'll be sure to keep that in mind. I get the catalog, just don't pay close attention to it. I have seen a few things I'd thought about ordering. Guess I'll scrutinize it a little closer from now on.

jtmarine1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Lexington, IN
    I'll be sure to keep that in mind. I get the catalog, just don't pay close attention to it. I have seen a few things I'd thought about ordering. Guess I'll scrutinize it a little closer from now on.

I'll admit, they do have a few things in there that aren't totally stupid. Like Lake City 7.62x51 M80 500rds for $499.97, Hell, a dollar around for that right now isn't all that bad. And Federal Gold Medal Match 168hr .308Win for $26.79 for 20rds, haven't found it anywhere else(in stock) for that price.

I just don't understand their thought process!:dunno:

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    I always get their catalog. I have never ordered anything from them, but i always check their price on Wolf 7.62x39. 3 months ago, it was abou5 $5.50 per 20. 2 months ago, it was not listed. Last month it was $12 per box of 20. !!!!! $12 !!! This month, it wasn't listed, but the Military classic Wolf ammo, which is normally priced the same, was $8 or $9 per 20. Flipping rediculous. I will never order something from a company that would act like this. That's just price gouging.

jtmarine1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Lexington, IN
    I just don't get the reasoning behind they way they do stuff! I mean one thing is totally overboard and them something else is a steal. And I feel sorry for the people that pay some of these prices, either they are Dumber than Dirt or just that desparate!:dunno:

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I just don't get the reasoning behind they way they do stuff! I mean one thing is totally overboard and them something else is a steal. And I feel sorry for the people that pay some of these prices, either they are Dumber than Dirt or just that desparate!:dunno:

I haven't seen a deal from CTD since October. Seriously, I haven't seen ANY ammo or magazines at prices that weren't well beat by several other online or even local dealers.

I will never buy from them again. Ever.

Aimsurplus continues to please me. Like new 30 rpund romainian steel AK mags, 10.95 each, buy a lot and it's 9.95 each. CTD was running these for 29 just last week. What a joke.

rrmark

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Avon
    I gust purchased a Sig. tactical light (spot, strobe, laser) for my P229. The light was at least fifty dollars cheaper than anywhere else. The shipping was fast. Maybe I was lucky.

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    I order random stuff from CTD and have had good luck so far. Most of my purchases were random items that I didn't need and magazines, but everything arrived on time and in good shape though.

Top Bottom