Cheaper Than Dirt: What's Up with Them Now?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    Just received a new flyer/catalog from CTD. Very strange, IMO. It lists 6 pages of ammo and none of the items has a price listed for it! Order a "Pig in a poke"? I don't think so.

They also have assorted magazines on 2 pages with the same blank where the price is supposed to be.

Any comments/conjectures on why they're doing this? "Inquiring minds" and all that.

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Thier prices are like the stock market. They fluctuate. They want the ability to be able to charge whatever the market will bear without being bound by any catalog pricing.

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    Just throw that trash in the can. After they stopped selling guns (and then restarted selling them) after the school shooting and gorging their customers on everything from ammo to magazines they will never get any more of my money!

Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    Think I just found the answer to my own question. I just wandered over to their web site and checked out listings for the calibers that I most frequently use: 9x19, .45 ACP, 7.62x51 NATO, 7.62x39 and .22 RF.

95% + of the items shown were listed as being "Out of Stock".

Hmmmmmm...

Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    It's literally been years since I purchased anything from them, but it seems as if their mailing list is one of those 'forever' things.

Can't even remember what it might've been that I purchased, but it couldn't have been anything of much consequence as the bulk of their stuff consists of things that I know I can get elsewhere for less money.

Just struck me as 'interesting' that they'd send out a supposed catalog of merchandise for sale with no prices included.

And there are some of us who still prefer to have a little non-electronic diversion available to help pass the time while sitting on the porcelain throne.:):

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    In my early twenties I bought so much from them that I was on special pricing list. I have nothing against companies making an honest profit and charging their customers more than usual if the customer is willing to accpet that and come back to them for some reason they value. I also look at it as my free market right to choose to never do business with those MFer's ever again. They don't need my business to survive, but I will make sure that they never get another dime from me again. My support will go towards companies that stayed reasonable and didn't jump on the first opportunity possible to try to screw the daylights out of their customers that helped build that business. Where I work, I unblocked cheaperthandirt.com from the company web content blocker so that people could purchase from them. After what they pulled, I removed them from the approved list and their website is blocked throughout the company again. Do whatever you want with CTD, but for me they are no longer a consideration when I think of purchasing something online.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Write it on the blackboard

How many times do we have to tell you?

Write this on the blackboard 5000 times.

Cheaper Than Dirt is not and never has been cheaper.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    They used to be cheap, but that was a decade ago. Now, they've burned their bridges with the customers that helped them build their business. Don't worry though, they still support Glen Beck, go figure.

quake

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Just throw that trash in the can. After they stopped selling guns (and then restarted selling them) after the school shooting and gorging their customers on everything from ammo to magazines they will never get any more of my money!

Ditto on this.....I'm done with them.

corronade

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 31, 2013
    kokomo

I completly agree

I am new to cheeper than dirt but i started buying stuff before the panic and it seemed ok, for a noobie.
    than the panick happens.
    You dont see other local or even online retailers gouging and taking advatage of the customer as bad as these guys.
    I WILL NOT USE THEM AGAIN.
    PERIOD

GI JOE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I didn't even look through this one. I looked at the back real quick and saw aluminum AR mags for an ASTONISHING price of only $99.99 plus tax... WTF? I then opened my pantry and deposited said magazine to the garbage where it belongs.

Never will they get my business again

Top Bottom