• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Saiga in 5.56 or 5.45: $300 - $400. It's easier to load and operate than an SKS and will have less recoil.

Great idea!

Since he said he thought the Wasr may be a little too much recoil I was going to add to my suggestion an AK74. I forgot about the Saiga in 5.45 :yesway:
    Should be fairly easy to find in the $350 -$400 range and cheap ammo.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    SKS/AK -- a bit much in the recoil department for kids IMO, for grown ups... depends...
    Kel-Tec SU-16 -- I've had a few women shoot this and all have been fine with it. Mine is very accurate (1" @ 50 yards)
    .30 M1 Carbine -- probably out of the price range. If there is a funner gun, I'll eat it.
    Kel-Tec Sub2000 -- shoots cheap 9mm pistol ammo. .40 S&W also
    Hi Point Carbine -- ditto

pmoore

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    One more vote for the HP 995 TS. Mine is a blast to shoot, and everyone enjoys it.

Paul

Txlur

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    NWI
    So I'm finally in the market for a nice semi-auto rifle but I'm looking for something bigger than .22LR that is pretty cheap to shoot.... I'm looking to spend $500 or less..... Worse comes to worse I'll be looking at the rifles in .22LR but I would prefer to have a bigger caliber..... Would be using it for plinking, education on rifles with the wife and kids (all have shot .22LR) Not looking for a rifle that has barely any recoil.... Wanting a bit of a kick to teach them how to re-acquire the target after firing.

Information on the make, model, caliber and price would be great. Thanks :ingo:

Your best bet, if you must follow your needs list, would be an SKS or WASR 10 in 7,62, but I will offer this:

You won't have much cash left over for ammunition, and, really, a .22 is BETTER for plinking and training than the above rifles. Why not run some different setups in your .22 rifles?

How about a tech-sights marlin 795 or model 60 with a sling, and go to an appleseed?

You have your .22 rifles scoped? How about a done up 10-22 that can go to 100yards? You can build one of those for far less.

I don't think you have the $$ to be playing with larger calibers, just not enough spared for ammunition. Shooting more = better plinking and educational value = stay with .22LR. :twocents:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    Love my Kel-Tec s2k! Also have a Rem 597 I won in a raffle. I load up when I go to the range. I bring those two and my glock 19 as well. You should see the looks I get with a bunch of guns in carriers and a wal mart bag full of ammo!

Top Bottom