• cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Yea, like the bottom pic.

secret-doors.jpg

That's awesome! I've never seen something like that!

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Back to the OP. I could see something like this also being made accessible from below, or possibly both from above and below if the firearms were secured to the sides of the box that you build.

bos-94-003

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    Marion
    Thanks OP. I have to reset my basement stairs and always planned on making each step a stash box for food, water and medical. Never thought of making a section big enough for rifles. Definitely a must

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    OK, ever heard of the animal they call the DOG. They can smell, dope, they can smell currency, plants, birds,cancers, boobytraps, explosives of course and yep firearms. Gonna take Fido about a half second to out your stash. Just a sweep mind you sir, nothing to hide have you?!? For the safety of the community thats all, just a routine sweep.......

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Well, now that every ATF investigator and JBT in the nation has had this thread e-mailed to them under the heading "Always Check The Stairs". (Tips for upcoming gun confiscation raids) in addition to every 'banger with a FB page, I guess I'll keep my guns in someplace no one will ever think to look....a safe. :D

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    One day when I inherit multi millions of dollars from my ailing father (Happy Birthday, by the way!) after he wins the Powerball...

I WILL build a house that has several "compartments" in it... Just because.

Of course, then I'll have to "deal with" the construction workers... That could be a problem...

-J-

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    OK, ever heard of the animal they call the DOG. They can smell, dope, they can smell currency, plants, birds,cancers, boobytraps, explosives of course and yep firearms. Gonna take Fido about a half second to out your stash. Just a sweep mind you sir, nothing to hide have you?!? For the safety of the community thats all, just a routine sweep.......

Ok, just sprinkle gunpowder all over the house for false trails

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Ha, its the 3 am wake up call with subsequent Flash Bang onto the carpet, setting off the black powder trails show thats fun to watch.

Last edited:

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Ok, just sprinkle gunpowder all over the house for false trails

Have a gun cabinet in the open with real but 'decoy' guns. Inside will be your easily found Hi-Point, your cheap Wal-Mart .22LR plinker and maybe some cheap shotgun. These will get stolen or confiscated first and be enough to feed whoever it is taking them.

No one needs to know or should know where your good stuff is. Wife knowing is optional. :)

I'm actually in the process of hollowing out an old thick book that I can keep on my nightstand. I like discreet but 'in the open' hiding places.

MacEoghan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2013
    Franklin
    Ok, this is beautiful! I really wish I had stairs now! Now I'm looking around the computer room, wondering what wall I can knock out and make a hiding place. haha

Top Bottom