• ...and so much more!
  • eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Cliff Notes:
    - Cold medicine (thanks to failed the War on Drugs)
    - Booze (actually EASIER than guns, but that doesn't support their argument)
    - Wireless Contract? Really?
    - Puppies? Good grief. Anyone can get a free puppy.
    - Hunting/Fishing license - and they are wrong again... No NICS check for fishing licenses. Just an ID and SSN.

So much fail, so little time.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    The sad part is, sheeple read that and believe it. The "facts" don't line up with the truth (usual for that source). What about stray dogs that show up on your porch? Of course that wouldn't promote their agenda. That's just one example.

jontz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    I could spit into Michigan
    The biggest problem with this article is that it states that 91% of households with guns in them want background checks. Somehow, someway the anti's will twist this article and say "See???? Even gun owners want gun bans!!!"

96harley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    Martinsville
    And gentlemen, the media is a sacrid cow. Other agencies have internal investigations and watch dogs over their own organizations. The media NONE.
    There is rarely any truth in broadcasting or print. Until the Great Black Hope in the whitehouse goes after them, and he will, they will remain his chosen ones.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    To purchase seemingly innocuous cold medications...consumers must now show identification and have the purchase logged in a database.

Which is more than is done for retail gun purchases. ID is shown and it is only logged at the store, not in a database. Like guns, sales after the retail purchase isn't tracked beyond what the seller is comfortable with.

An 18-year-old can't legally buy a beer or liquor in the United States, but the same teen can buy a gun in most states if he or she is a resident.

Take one tiny aspect of the transaction and then claim its harder? Not seeing NICS checks to buy beer.

A credit check is usually necessary when buying a cellphone with a two-year contract -- something that's not required when buying a gun.

That's retarded. Why would someone need to pass a credit check to buy a gun? There's no law that mandates a credit check, its something the companies decide to do because...they want to get paid. Duh. Stupidest argument so far.

Adopting a pet is not to be taken lightly. The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals advises people to be prepared. Prospective pet owners must be 21, bring two forms of identification: a government-issued ID and a proof of address

Maybe at some shelters or pet stores, but that's hardly universal and...ITS NOT THE LAW, its just what certain individuals or organizations felt was apporpriate for their transactions.

hunting license...must ask for a government-issued identification like a driver's license, but a Social Security number is not needed to buy a gun.

SSN is optional for a gun purchase, but not needed because they can identify you without it. I always provide mine because there's some j-tard in Illinois who has my same name and DOB. I found out he had warrants for child support when I was at an embassy overseas and they held be briefly thinking I was him. I don't want to be confused for him on a NICS check.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    The biggest lie in the whole commentary is the omission of the fact that the "Shooting of all the Children" was committed by an insane man that was DENIED when he tried to purchase a firearm (according to the media themselves). He MURDERED his mother and STOLE the firearms. Soooo - how is any law going to change that?

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    The sad part about this is a lot of people will think what they are reading is the truth.

Speedgelb986S

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Brownsburg
    I don't have cable, so I had no idea just how far off the left end of the spectrum MSNBC really was until I happened to turn on their program on the Sirius satellite radio in my car... And discovered that I had tuned into Al Sharpton's show. Really?? They gave Al Sharpton a show? Just... Wow.

Mycroft

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis area
    It's fraud.
    I can purchase any of these (cold medicine, booze, wireless contract, puppies and Hunting/Fishing license) without a "transfer fee" in any state, including Illinois, New York, Massachusetts, and the District of Columbia.
    Except for the Hunting/Fishing license, I can purchase these from a private individual without any ID.
    Except for the booze, I can carry any of these across state lines without locking them in a box.
    Except for the puppies, I can take any of these on a domestic airline flight by packing it in my luggage without notifying the airline.
    And I can legally purchase any of these for another person (must be >21 for the booze) without committing a felony.

Bishop

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Waynetown Area
    It's obvious that the author has a company supplied cell phone. Tried to switch my cell account from my wife's to my name, (She's a stay at home mom and I've been paying the bills from the beginning). It would have been easier if I tried to buy a surplus Soviet Mig. After all they asked for, I was afraid someone from Sprint was going to come over with a ruler and ask me to drop my drawers, just to verify I was telling the truth about that too.

Top Bottom