• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DWS

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    Sheridan
    Looking for a good, customizable, chest rig manufacturer. I've felt with mayflower before but that's it.

Public Service Announcement:

Search Function will go along ways in your search for gear. Not only will you find many options and reviews on the gear your researching but you'll spend less time flooding the board with less than adequate fishing posts to get your post count high and less likely appear to be "that guy" that's just here for the want adds....

Just an FYI....

Tula47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Jun 28, 2013
    Knox Co.
    Public Service Announcement:

Search Function will go along ways in your search for gear. Not only will you find many options and reviews on the gear your researching but you'll spend less time flooding the board with less than adequate fishing posts to get your post count high and less likely appear to be "that guy" that's just here for the want adds....

Just an FYI....

You beat me to it....

bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    142   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Survival Sheath Systems - I have 20,000+ miles on mine now and other than replacing all the screws with stainless ones, it is as good as new. I use it to carry a J-frame while cycling.

lester

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Greencastle
    Travis at Mayflower makes great equipment. He has been a good friend for years. In fact, we are adding Mayflower to our store this week. Yet, my favorite chest rig these days is the Modular M4 Chest Harness from ATS Tactical Gear. It has 4 mags and MOLLE webbing to add more. Its all I need (its all most, including guys fighting everyday, will need). I configure mine with a trauma kit, a GP pouch to stash my gloves and a water bottle. That's it. It is fighting kit; the rest goes on your belt and in your pack.

I have fallen in love with the concept of less-is-more on a chest rig. In my active duty days, I would have 9, 10 rifle mags and who knows what else on my chest vest. But I have learned that less is more. The idea is to have a few magazines immediately available and then re-stock from spares carried elsewhere (assault pack?, rucksack?). Keep it simple. I hope you find my opinion helpful.

Here is the ATS Modular Chest Harness:

ATS_M4_Modular_Chest_Harness_Multicam_1024x1024.jpg

Link: https://nelsonuniform.com/collections/tactical-equipment/products/modular-chest-harness

Attachments

• ATS_M4_Modular_Chest_Harness_Multicam_1024x1024.jpg
      ATS_M4_Modular_Chest_Harness_Multicam_1024x1024.jpg
      63.9 KB · Views: 2

lester

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Greencastle
    Are they still in business?

I love them. I had a chest rider for a baby Glock back in the Lightfighter days. I don't know if they are still in business, but their website is still live (though, it does look like 2005 and has some broken links).

These days, I am using a Runner's Kit Bag from Hill People Gear. It serves the same purpose as the Survival Sheath, but gives me more options.

Link: https://hillpeoplegear.com/Products/tabid/762/ProductID/2/Default.aspx

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Top Bottom