• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Ide buy one when my current Silverado bites the dust. It only got 95k on it though as an 06 model bought in 05 so I probably have another half a decade til I need a new vehicle.

ClydeB

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 17, 2012
    Southern Hoosier
    I saw that truck online today. About did a spit take when I saw what was in the bed of the truck under the net. Twinkies and Ramen noodles. I must have laughed for 5 minutes.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Looks cool. But I just don't like trucks with those short, little beds.

that's what I have a trailer for.

Now two things that would be a deal breaker for me with this. One if the space on the sides of the drawers is "wasted" seems like it would be a great place for storage, but in the limited photo's don't see any access to it.

two, if the material above the drawers (which really should be FULL length not the short ones as shown) needs to be solid enough to accept a punishment.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Now two things that would be a deal breaker for me with this. One if the space on the sides of the drawers is "wasted" seems like it would be a great place for storage, but in the limited photo's don't see any access to it.

two, if the material above the drawers (which really should be FULL length not the short ones as shown) needs to be solid enough to accept a punishment.

Apparently, many folks agree with you. GM sales tons of those crew-cab, short bed trucks.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Fords are better. Plus you need a big bumper for pushing crap out of your way.

Better is all in what you want from the rig. Driven them all. Every one has something to offer. Well, maybe not a Dodge.............:):
    My GMC had near 300K on it when I retired it to another owner. Original trans and engine. No major repairs on drive line.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

If I'm going to get a trailer anyway, I might as well get an SUV and have more interior room. Obviously the truck manufacturers get along just fine with folks who will, but I won't buy a truck with less than a 6.5' bed and would prefer an 8'.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    a good friend of mine built this truck. If you knew him, the twinkies and ramen would make perfect sense.

He also tried to outfit the truck with some nerf guns since he knew realistic firearms wouldn't fly........ the nerf guns didn't fly either.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    If I'm going to get a trailer anyway, I might as well get an SUV and have more interior room. Obviously the truck manufacturers get along just fine with folks who will, but I won't buy a truck with less than a 6.5' bed and would prefer an 8'.

I like a 6.5 ft bed. More room than an SUV, less wheelbase for better turning than an 8 ft bed.

IIRC to get a 6.5' bed on a half ton GM, you can't get a crew cab. And to get a 8' bed, I think you either have to get a three quarter ton (crew cab)--I think you can still get them in a regular cab version though.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I'm a little suprised that this truck doesn't have some kind of an EMP proofing feature on it. The rack in the bed of te truck doesn't do anything for me, and some kind of a brush guard would be nice.

The debate on the bed length is one that I'm currently facing. I used to have an extended cab silverado Z-71, but it was totaled in an ice accident. Currently my wife and I have three kids under the age of 5. She's got a minivan, but on occation I have to take or pickup the kids. When that happens, I need room for kids and carseats. The extended cab is my prefered vehicle, but I can't get all my munchkins with their car seats in the joke of a backseat. The crew cab makes a lot more sense, but those are so expensive it's not even funny, and my other gripe is that I'm not so sure how much I like the shorter bed. When it comes to lumber I don't think it's a big deal because I can always lay the tailgate down and secure the load with straps. When it comes to getting a load of dirt, compost or whatever dumped into the back of the bed has got me more concerned with the shorter bed. While I'd prefer the longer bed of an extended cab, I could get by with the short crew cab bed.

One thing I think we can all agree on though is that Ford & Chevy make some pretty outstanding trucks. Dodge, probably not so much.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Most all modern vehicles are already shielded to a point. There is some great info in the EMP sticky.
    If you are close enough to the event to breach the shielding then you will not be worrying about the truck not running. You will be "Dust in the wind"

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Most all modern vehicles are already shielded to a point. There is some great info in the EMP sticky.
    If you are close enough to the event to breach the shielding then you will not be worrying about the truck not running. You will be "Dust in the wind"

Yeah I know. That's why I was suprised it wasn't advertised on the new truck. Seems like it'd be some easy advertising or one more gimick to put on the list.

Top Bottom