0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Did these morons stop and consider that if there were the most minuscule element of truth to this claim, then Indianapolis would be just as bad a Chicago?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The war is over, Indy Star, and you lost, badly. The right to arms exists and it is a Constitutional right just as all others.

It is already illegal for residents of other states to buy handguns in Indiana.

If an Indiana resident buys multiple handguns, that individual is subject to the 3310 MSR requirement. Oh, btw, how many 3310s resulted in strawman prosecutions? It is already illegal for an Indiana resident to make straw purchases for Chicagoans. If this is happening then shouldn't your feckless gun police make an arrest or something instead of arming Mexican drug gangs?

The USAs in the North and South Districts of Indiana say that federal law can deal with this. How many gunrunning prosecutions go down in the North and South Districts? Give us the numbers.

Just what exactly should Indiana do to prevent people from Chicago from buying guns as it is already illegal? Make it double illegal? Uberillegal? Or, my favorite from gun boards "highly illegal"?:dunno:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The war is over, Indy Star, and you lost, badly. The right to arms exists and it is a Constitutional right just as all others.

It is already illegal for residents of other states to buy handguns in Indiana.

If an Indiana resident buys multiple handguns, that individual is subject to the 3310 MSR requirement. Oh, btw, how many 3310s resulted in strawman prosecutions? It is already illegal for an Indiana resident to make straw purchases for Chicagoans. If this is happening then shouldn't your feckless gun police make an arrest or something?

The USAs in the North and South Districts of Indiana say that federal law can deal with this. How many gunrunning prosecutions go down in the North and South Districts? Give us the numbers.

Just what exactly should Indiana do to prevent people from Chicago from buying guns as it is already illegal? Make it double illegal? Uberillegal? Or, my favorite from gun boards "highly illegal"?:dunno:

:+1:

I especially enjoyed the last part. I always thought being illegal was like being pregnant--either it is or it isn't. It would seem that according to the gun grabbers I am mistaken! :):

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Yeah, I don't understand some phrases that get tossed around on gun boards.

Although I could not understand what people meant when they said "basic law", and then someone told me that it is a German phrase. As a German speaker, I felt like a moron.:D

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Well, Holy Cow!
    holy_cow.jpg

Why doesn't Chicago just make murder illegal!

Or, why not question everyone who bought ammunition in the caliber used in the crime and find out who misused, lost, or illegally sold their bullets? Then, you can revoke their FOID card. Problem solved.:)

Last edited:

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    ....and the Star doesn't understand their shrinking subscription base? Do they give all their writers a Left test before they hire them.

Compuvette

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    NE Indiana
    Double secret probation illegal.

Seriously though, the comment about Indy is dead on. If its our fault, then Indy should be worse than Chicago.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Somebody abusing their freedom of speech by writing articles like this is almost as dangerous as some idiot abusing their right to own a firearm by waving it around. :dunno:

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    A buddy of mine moved to Chicago (god help him), to get closer to his job and has a girlfriend who is interested in guns. They asked me, a man who lives in Indiana and I took a deep breath before explaining the stupid, hilariously ridicioulously long and expensive process to get a FOID and then to even get access to a gun and the laws of what you CAN do with the gun because there are too many CAN'T do laws with your guns

rnmcguire

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    I read that BS piece in this mornings paper. What a waste of space and ink. It's hard to believe that Indiana sells more guns used in Chicago crime than Wisconsin or Ohio?? HELLO! We are ALOT CLOSER!!!!:dunno:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    If i'm not mistaken there was research done recently that disproved this myth regarding Chicago's guns and where they come from but can't put my finger on it right now.

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    This argument is tired and stupid. Why then does Springfield, Champaign, and many other larger cities in Illinois not have as bad of a problem as Chicago?

I also tire of hearing people talk about Mexico and even their own President trying to blame fault on us Americans for their violence. Last time I checked the gun laws in Mexico seem to be more strict, in certain ways, than Canada's. Canada also has a much larger unprotected border then Mexico. Why then, isn't Canada cursed with the violence that Mexico has?

I know everyone here knows the answers and agrees with me, I'm just tired of hearing people spout this non-sense.

/rant over, thanks for listening.

Top Bottom