• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Question...do any of these programs use shorts. I have 400 CCI shorts. I will donate these and help as I can with Lr. I have donated to a BSA group already and we are trying to get some more. The shorts may help out somebody. They are CCI's and have some snap about them.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Question...do any of these programs use shorts. I have 400 CCI shorts. I will donate these and help as I can with Lr. I have donated to a BSA group already and we are trying to get some more. The shorts may help out somebody. They are CCI's and have some snap about them.

Good question, click through to the winimac thread and ask those guys if the shorts will work.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/ingo_events/258357-sat_15_jun_2013_nwi_ingo_and_dnr_winamac_youth_day.html

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

Good question, click through to the winimac thread and ask those guys if the shorts will work.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/ingo_events/258357-sat_15_jun_2013_nwi_ingo_and_dnr_winamac_youth_day.html

Thanks for thinking of us. Sadly the shorts won't work in the 10/22s we will be using. :(

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

Do you still have these?
    Just found out that we will have a Marlin 39a that can use them at the youth event. Next step is trying to get the up here. We have one other Indy area donor as well that we are trying to coordinate with to bring that ammo up as well.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    A scout troop in Fishers (will edit with the Troop# when I get it) is looking for 1000 rounds of .22LR (but will take what they can get) for a shooting event in May. I'll try to find out what firearms they are using to see if "shorts" can fill the need as well.

Gunpowder

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Marshall County
    Just got off the phone with Lasalle Council BSA.

Council covers the following counties: Porter, LaPorte, Starke, Marshall, St. Joseph, Berrien Co (MI), Cass Co. (MI), and Elkhart Counties.

They need approximately 20,000 - 30,000 rounds for summer camps. This is in addition to their current inventory. He will email me a more accurate count when he finds out.
    BSA rules allow for bolt action only so shorts may be ok. I asked him to check the barrel.

I suggested and he agreed that if they couldn't get donations, they would be willing to also pay reasonable rate if some of you would have to sell at the pre-shortage price. They also need 12 ga and 20 ga. but I told him that was still available on the shelf.

Mike
    Scout Master
    Troop 251-Plymouth

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I do not have the shorts anymore. Ingo member Pudley worked out a trade with me for his Lr. ammo and I have designated some of it towards Jedi's youth program.

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"
    I have a request regarding the kids at Hoosier Burn Camp. You know those HENRY bolt action rifles that INGO Helped me out with a couple of years ago? Well they are going to be hungry come the last week in May when the Hoosier Burn Camp happens. Riflery is one of the most popular and fun activities the kids have for the week.

Anything we can get to store for the camp would be great.. (Who would have thought we would be having threads going on about .22's??? geesh)...

What ever we can get would be appreciated. If we could get a couple (2) bricks that would be a great help... PM me if you have info...

Oh and by the way, we also had a safe donated a couple months ago to store those 14 Henry's.

Thanks JEDI, for forwarding this thread on to me.

Gunpowder

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Marshall County
    Mike, just curious if LaSalle told you of their aprox. Inventory count. Also who did you speak with.

I talked to Dave Sikes: Assistant Scout Executive for Lasalle Council. He had recently received an update/email but couldn't find the details so I don't know the exact amount of their inventory. I am pretty sure he asked for 20-30K. that is for summer camp so a lot of kids.

Gunpowder

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Marshall County
    Email from Johnathon Shannon:

I received your name from Dr. Carroll. I am in charge of shooting sports (pistol & rifle) in Montgomery County (Crawfordsville).
    We have applied and received many NRA Grants but did not apply the last year because we had a small number of advanced students. Currently we have 4 students who have made it to their 4th year of shooting sports. They will be shooting Remington 700 in .308. We did not anticipate an ammunition shortage for the club but we find ourselves without ammunition. I am asking for you to put up a post on INGO requesting 400 rounds of target 308 for our 4 kids for their summer shoots. We might be able to purchase some if the price is reasonable ($15/20 rds). Unfortunately, we cannot use reloads. Thank you for any help you can provide in our quest to get ammunition by May 28.

Follow up email: I left some information out. We have a large supply of 22LR. We could trade a brick or two for some 308.

----------------------
    Please post if you can help and I will PM email addy.
    Mike

Gunpowder

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Marshall County
    Email from Johnathon Shannon:

I received your name from Dr. Carroll. I am in charge of shooting sports (pistol & rifle) in Montgomery County (Crawfordsville).
    We have applied and received many NRA Grants but did not apply the last year because we had a small number of advanced students. Currently we have 4 students who have made it to their 4th year of shooting sports. They will be shooting Remington 700 in .308. We did not anticipate an ammunition shortage for the club but we find ourselves without ammunition. I am asking for you to put up a post on INGO requesting 400 rounds of target 308 for our 4 kids for their summer shoots. We might be able to purchase some if the price is reasonable ($15/20 rds). Unfortunately, we cannot use reloads. Thank you for any help you can provide in our quest to get ammunition by May 28.

Follow up email: I left some information out. We have a large supply of 22LR. We could trade a brick or two for some 308.

----------------------
    Please post if you can help and I will PM email addy.
    Mike

no one has .308 or knows a reasonable source?

Top Bottom