Chinese ammo for sale Cheeeep! Get what you pay for!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spazzmodicus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    Got this in an email yesterday:

First it was baby formula, then pet food (dry wall, toys, jewelry too!!) but now you should watch out when buying anything from China, including new ammunition. Seriously, who would buy Chinese ammo?

A guy came into the police department the other day to ask a favor.

He had a S&W 629 (.44 Mag) that he wanted to dispose of after a mishap at the range.

He said there was a loud bang when he tested his new ammo, (Chinese made), and the gun smacked him in the forehead,
    leaving a nice gash.

When the tweety birds cleared from around his head, the pictures show what he saw.

Bet he never uses Chinese made ammo again. Looks like when the round in the chamber went off, it also set off at least
    two other rounds in adjacent cylinders.

I would have hated to been the one that pulled the trigger on that one!

7087848023_3e627ec3aa_b.jpg

7087848175_5f43e9b3a8_b.jpg

7087848475_9bf3d72ab7_b.jpg

6941775814_593bdcd034_b.jpg

CSORuger

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Brownsburg Indiana
    Wow, glad he was not hurt more the a small gash.

Chinese made ammo, shoots to the left and destroying American firearms one at a time. Somehow I see Obama in this. :laugh:

Sajer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    Chinese ammo has not been imported in a very long time so he had it laying around or some one sold him some old ammo as new.

Looking at the cases it looks like a re load. Any chance of getting pics of the casing with manufacturer codes?

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    an oldie, but a goodie. I never remembered chicom ammo being blamed for this originally...... oh, and there is the original post!

Spazzmodicus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    It was more than likely reloads. Whoever started the email customized if for their own purposes. I'll stick with store-bought ammo and keep my eyeballs and teeth, thank you....heh heh.

Dwight D

Marksman
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Both IN and FL
    That pic has been around awhile. Like someone else said, Norinco was the only Chinese ammo that I know of that used to be imported but has not been around in awhile. They did make it in handgun calibers, but I cannot say if 44 mag was available, If so I never saw any. I was an FFL dealer back in the Norinco days and while it was not as good as say IMI, it was pretty decent ammo for the money. I shot several thousand rounds of it and sold probably over tens of thousands. No complaints, no kabooms.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Rookie questions: Did the weapon fail in any way on this one? Was there a weakness in a chamber wall that allowed the explosion to go into the next chamber? Any way of diagnosing if a chamber weakness contributed to the problem? Could a weak chamber wall have allowed a proper round to have breeched the chamber wall and then ignite the cartridge in the neighboring chamber?

Basically, I am asking if the fault is totally on the ammo or could the revolver have been a fault as well?

Dwight

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Sheridan
    .44 Magnum.....the most powerful handgun in the world......it can blow your head clean off.....

He must have felt lucky, Punk!!

Top Bottom