• ...and so much more!
  • singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    I bough the wife a Savage 223 varminter. Found a deal that I could not refuse, so it came home with me. She has already had it out, and started printing neat little groups on targets with it. She liked the idea behind my .308 varmint gun, just didnt care for the recoil (not that there was much). Stuff like that I just cant wait to see her smile about, so I will have to find something else to put under the tree for her to unwrap.

Ammo?

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Well my bonus time treat was a Sig P226 SAO. Shhhhh!!!!!!

Mrs. VERT ordered herself a new Walther PPQ. She is allowed an unrestricted budget.

My Christmas is officially parts for my Dillon press.

Wish List? Yeah. There is a certain Wilson Combat Protector at the LGS I would love to buy.

Csquared

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Vigo County
    I have been looking at a few different Kimber 1911's. The ones I'm eyeballing are super expensive but from everything I've heard and read they are second to none. Very aesthetically pleasing as well.. I need to hold one to see how it fits my hand and rent one and do some shooting first before I buy. I'm thinking of a "to me from me" Christmas present. I just don't know if I'm ready to spend more money on a handgun than my first car was worth.. Lol.

Anyone have any any feedback on Kimber's laser grips? I know they value them at ~$350 but I've never used/seen how they work. I realize I don't need them but I'm leaning towards going all out if I do buy a Kimber. So anyone have any input on Kimbers overall and their laser grips?!

Thanks in advance!

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I have been looking at a few different Kimber 1911's. The ones I'm eyeballing are super expensive but from everything I've heard and read they are second to none. Very aesthetically pleasing as well.. I need to hold one to see how it fits my hand and rent one and do some shooting first before I buy. I'm thinking of a "to me from me" Christmas present. I just don't know if I'm ready to spend more money on a handgun than my first car was worth.. Lol.

Anyone have any any feedback on Kimber's laser grips? I know they value them at ~$350 but I've never used/seen how they work. I realize I don't need them but I'm leaning towards going all out if I do buy a Kimber. So anyone have any input on Kimbers overall and their laser grips?!

Thanks in advance!

Kimbers are nice looking guns. Nothing special about the internals. Depends on what you are looking for. If you want a pretty gun to enjoy and take pride in then good for you, nothing wrong with owning something that looks nice. For pure utility there are better options. As far as laser grips, they can be added later. I like Crimson Trace products and have owned three sets over the years. I do not currently have a set on any of my guns.

Csquared

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Vigo County
    Kimbers are nice looking guns. Nothing special about the internals. Depends on what you are looking for. If you want a pretty gun to enjoy and take pride in then good for you, nothing wrong with owning something that looks nice. For pure utility there are better options. As far as laser grips, they can be added later. I like Crimson Trace products and have owned three sets over the years. I do not currently have a set on any of my guns.

Would you like to be a little more specific as to what better options there are based on utility? I was under the impression that Kimbers were top notch in every category. Also, about the Crimson Trace laser grips, you said you have owned 3 sets but don't have any on any of your rigs now, why is that?

Thanks in advance VERT!

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    B
    Would you like to be a little more specific as to what better options there are based on utility? I was under the impression that Kimbers were top notch in every category. Also, about the Crimson Trace laser grips, you said you have owned 3 sets but don't have any on any of your rigs now, why is that?

Thanks in advance VERT!

For utility in that price range look at the Springfield RO or Loaded. Best choice is the TRP. I would also look at the Smith E series.

I liked the laser grips. I traded off one of the guns. The Glock grips were to large for my hand. The other set???? Just decided I didnt need them.

ErickW

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 27, 2012
    I bought an AR from PSS two weeks ago. I then came home and told my wife how much I loved the Christmas present she got me!:D

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    Bought my wife a compact 1911 in 9mm from RIA. Put some Crimson Trace laser grips on it. She doesn't know about it yet and she's been dropping hints that she'd like a 1911 of her own. Bought a P229 Stainless Elite in 9mm last month if that counts.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    My family doesn't approve of firearms so it is not very likely I will get anything I actually wanted. They may give me some money that I will then by a gun or use towards one but I have yet to get anything gun related let alone an actual gun for this holiday. My father once surprise the heck out of me and bought me a Ruger SP101 in 327FM for my birthday once though. Not sure what inspired him to do so but that remains the only gun or gun related item gotten by me for 52 years so far.

Top Bottom