• ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Any one do it?

I would just feel a lot better doing it after all God gave me the right. Please share did you ask your insert pastor priest etc here. I would think ccw would be more appropriate?

Bigbuck5

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Arcadia, IN
    We're waiting on our Indiana permits, but we did while we lived in Kentucky. We weren't required to ask anyone for permission, so we didn't. As long as the law allows it, I don't see any reason to ask anyone. A while back we had someone that found out that we carried. He took it upon himself to let others know about it. He wasn't against it, but didn't get that we didn't want it broadcasted. My opinion is the less people know the better when it comes to CC. I had to have a conversation with the aforementioned individual, but after I explained myself he understood and all was well.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    It's been discussed before, but yes, I carry.
    However
    1. please don't open carry - not because I'm infringing on your rights, but because anytime spent looking at your gun is time not spent worshipping/learning about God.

2. Make sure your church is not an official daycare. If it is, leave it at home.

3. If you do carry, keep an eye on the exit, (i sit in a "tactical" area where I see the parking lot and the lot cant see me) if someone comes in looking for easy targets, it may be you who's called upon to love your neighbor as Christ loved the church (means dying)

4. Never a bad idea to talk to your pastor, you may learn that you're not the only one!

RetDep310

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Columbus
    I did until I retired from law enforcement. My church is attached to a grade school and shares the parking lot. Don't think I can legally carry now because of the school. I don't even park in the lot, just park down the street now.

Kloutz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2013
    In the center of it all
    I don't because my "sunday go to meeting" attire creates an obstacle and I hate having to keep my purse on me at all times. However, at least 5 men CC and one or two OC every Sunday so I feel pretty safe. I wouldn't want it any other way...protecting the sheep.

Tactical Flannel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    West Central Indiana
    I guess the argument regarding this is, "Has a shooting incident ever occurred or could occurr in the Church while I'm there?" To me the answer is yes and yes.
    So what I've done in the past when attending service, weddings and funerals.... carry 100% concealed. As long as it doesn't violate any laws. If its not seen, no one will be concerned. The rest of the group can focus on the reason for coming together at that time.

Stay safe

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Sorry for the duplicate.

But thank you agree about not open carrying. Agreed that concealled is best in that venue. I know my sidearm is not going to do tricks nor does it need to be watched constantly by me or another. Proper holster and all is good. This may be the time where I will just have to get over not liking iwb.

P.s. thanks for sharing your thoughts in a civil manner and not making this about ccw versus open carrying.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    I don't carry in church... I carry everywhere and church is a place I happen to be on a regular basis. There's a profound difference if you can worth thru the parsing.

I have never spoken to my pastor about carrying in church but previously in a discussion about LTC I mentioned that I carry everywhere... I let him do the math.

We have a fair number of people in church that carry. It just isn't a big deal.

brew45

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    I've been thinking about this myself. My pastor is a stout republican so I wouldn't think he would care personally, but I cant speak for everyone else. Definitely cc though, focus shouldn't be on my pistol.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I do. Nobody but my parents and my wife know. I prefer to keep it that way. It is always cc.

Last edited:

Burnsy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NW Indiana
    No one has thanked any god for their gun, cancel your ACLU call. ;)

It's been discussed before, but yes, I carry.
    However
    1. please don't open carry - not because I'm infringing on your rights, but because anytime spent looking at your gun is time not spent worshipping/learning about God.

This is from this thread and that topic is what caused the quote I linked. Continue at your own risk:

From the FAQ sticky, posted by Pami
    How about religion? Can we talk about that?
    Again, a big, resounding NO. And let me be painstakingly clear on this one: ANY discussion of religion will NOT be tolerated. At all. None. If it even hints at being religious in ANY way, the thread will be closed and/or deleted. It is VERY possible MANY infractions will be handed out. In many instances, it is cause for a ban from the site, which may or may not be permanent.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    This is from this thread and that topic is what caused the quote I linked. Continue at your own risk:

From the FAQ sticky, posted by Pami
    How about religion? Can we talk about that?
    Again, a big, resounding NO. And let me be painstakingly clear on this one: ANY discussion of religion will NOT be tolerated. At all. None. If it even hints at being religious in ANY way, the thread will be closed and/or deleted. It is VERY possible MANY infractions will be handed out. In many instances, it is cause for a ban from the site, which may or may not be permanent.

Luckily I am a Buddhist. :cool:

Top Bottom