• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shunsley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    Indy
    Anyone on here know of a campground with cabins that allows shooting. We are looking to do a men's event for our church and looking for a place to stay overnight that will also allow us to skeet shoot and target shoot. We are in Indy and looking for someplace within an hours drive. Any suggestion?

Expatriated

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 22, 2013
    I can't help with the camping part but if you decide to split your activities up, our church rented out Indiana Gun Club one Monday night and used the skeet, trap, Sporting clays courses and their grills to cook out. It was a great time.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    shunsley,
    if you find a place you might consider promoting it a little. That could be a very productive event. I am always open to some sound Bible teaching mixed with shooting fun.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    shunsley,
    if you find a place you might consider promoting it a little. That could be a very productive event. I am always open to some sound Bible teaching mixed with shooting fun.

Agreed!

It may have to involve traveling from a lodging venue to a public range, however. There are all kinds of cabin rentals and "lodges" in the HNF - and there are even spots that allow the public to shoot on the HNF lands.

tackshot

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 11, 2014
    Southside
    shunsley,
    YES!!
    I would try my very hardest to attend this, have been wanting to get back into church and the added firearms is just a bonus. I have an uncle and cousin who would love this as well.

shunsley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    Indy
    We are still working on a location. But the dates are Sept.18-19. Still trying to find a place with a dining hall, meeting room, and place to shoot. All will be welcomed. I'll keep you posted on the details

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    I can't help with the camping part but if you decide to split your activities up, our church rented out Indiana Gun Club one Monday night and used the skeet, trap, Sporting clays courses and their grills to cook out. It was a great time.

What about Camp Atterberry ? Don't they have public ground on the base somewhere ?

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    1 hour from Indy with all that included? Build your own event with with a little more distance and effort, in which case Southern Indiana has potential. This site will help you find clubs to shoot at. Find a Gun Club to shoot Skeet, Trap, Five Stand and Sporting Clays

I cant think of the names right now but the high end club outside of Cincy and the private one near Martinsville may be options. When I lived in Indy friends and family would fly in for a weekend hunt. We would go down and stay at the cabins in Shoals and hunt at Lost River game farm. He had a decent clays course too. The owner is a good dguy and Spetember is a bit warm for bird hunting so he may be able to set you up with a good clays shoot. Sugar Creek is good too.

Presnell Plantation is one south of Indy. I never shot there, just heard about it.

Last edited:

vwarren

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    greenfield
    We always go to twin lakes... I think its in fountain county but its a blast!
    We always have a mens retreat there and a skeet shooting competition. Great food and people, they also have fishing nothing big but still fishing...

pinhead56

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Our Men's group goes to Camp Tecumseh outside Brookston, IN every fall. I noticed on the way up this year that it's only about 4-5 miles from Wildcat Creek shooting range. Click here to see a map. You would definitely have to contact both about the possibilities... The camp is a YMCA facility but the lodge is also a "leadership" training facility and has good rooms and a full service dining hall and staff.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom