Churchmouse is gonna hate me for this...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    So I've decided my next gun is going to be a 1911. Not only will it be a 1911, it will be a 9mm Springfield Armory Range Officer Champion. I saw one the other day and I'm in love. I really wanted a Fusion, but I was told I would have my quote Thursday night. I've yet to hear anything, so they've lost a customer. The ROC is almost exactly what I want, just a few minor things to change. Does anyone have a 9mm ROC? How do you like it? I've shot a 1911, and it wasn't bad. I'm just not accurate since I don't shoot one often. Therefore, a 9mm allows me to use ammo that I already have laying around and it'll give me cheap ammo to shoot with.

I was planning on a 9mm RIA 1911, but the one I want is $100 less than the Springfield, so I'm sold.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    No thread that starts with "Churchmouse is gonna hate me for this..." ever, ever ends well..

~ But as soon as you have pics, that would be great!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    No thread that starts with "Churchmouse is gonna hate me for this..." ever, ever ends well..

~ But as soon as you have pics, that would be great!

:lmfao:

Hey man, It is a Springer Yes
    It is a 1911 yes.
    9mm/.45 so what. Enjoy it. Post some pics.
    Fusion is hard to deal with. I have 2 calls in to them with no replies. I guess they have enough work.

I would hate you more if you got the RIA......................:):

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Yes post some pics and let us know what you think! I am wanting a 9mm 1911. I had looked at the EMP, but one of these may be a better choice!

radar44

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    noblesville
    I have a Kimber 9 mm 1911 . I can finally chew thru those $26.00 per 100 ammo packs I've been looking at for the last 30 years !

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    Late summer went up to spend the day with Vert and he mentioned how much my girlfriend would enjoy the full size RO and of coarse now we have one in the safe. It is a fantastic soft shooter and a blast to take to the range. Very accurate with a really nice trigger I enjoy it just as much as she does.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    I have always held an affection for 1911s. They do require a lot of range time to get proficient, imho. I was reluctant when the Army changed over from .45 caliber 1911s to 9mm M9s, but after a couple of years of shooting the Beretta, I never looked back. Better accuracy than the old, beat up, rack grade 1911s, could carry more rounds and shoot more between reloads (both nice features in a Combat environment), physically easier to shoot and reliability is top notch. Period.
    So, a 1911 in 9 mm seems like a great combination, especially in a new, well fitted pistol. Have fun and report back!

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Springfield makes a good gun, and if they don't their exemplary customer service will make it a good gun. But, the purist in me has to say if John Moses Browning would have wanted a 1911 in 9mm, he would have invented it that way. 1911 = .45. :)

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Congrats on the new gun. I really need to look into a 9mm 1911 one of these days to keep the cost of shooting down a bit. I love shooting a full size steel CZ in 9mm and assume a full size, or even compact 1911 in 9mm would be just as sweet to shoot. Let us know how she works out for you.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    :lmfao:

Hey man, It is a Springer Yes
    It is a 1911 yes.
    9mm/.45 so what. Enjoy it. Post some pics.
    Fusion is hard to deal with. I have 2 calls in to them with no replies. I guess they have enough work.

I would hate you more if you got the RIA......................:):

Got it, buy the RIA. :):

Glad you chose the Springer. You should be as well. Congrats on the 1911.
    9mm? Well, it's like training wheels on the way to .45acp.

I'm buying the 9mm for the sheer fact of I already have 9mm rounds, I shoot 9mm anyway so it saves me money. The I don't shoot 1911s well, so it gives me a gun to practice with. When the time comes, I will get another 1911 in .45ACP.
    Congrats on the new gun. I really need to look into a 9mm 1911 one of these days to keep the cost of shooting down a bit. I love shooting a full size steel CZ in 9mm and assume a full size, or even compact 1911 in 9mm would be just as sweet to shoot. Let us know how she works out for you.

I haven't bought it yet. I've asked on the forum many times for opinions on different 1911s, so I decided to start a thread with my option and see if anyone had opinions on it. I know CM's opinion on the ROs, but I don't know if he has an opinion on the 9mm version.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Got it, buy the RIA. :):

I'm buying the 9mm for the sheer fact of I already have 9mm rounds, I shoot 9mm anyway so it saves me money. The I don't shoot 1911s well, so it gives me a gun to practice with. When the time comes, I will get another 1911 in .45ACP.

I haven't bought it yet. I've asked on the forum many times for opinions on different 1911s, so I decided to start a thread with my option and see if anyone had opinions on it. I know CM's opinion on the ROs, but I don't know if he has an opinion on the 9mm version.

I have a few buddy's that love the 9mm RO in full size.
    I have read some comments on the smaller pieces.
    gregkl thought enough of his that he sold off his full size .45 piece.
    If you re-load you can beef up your rounds to the point they are fun to shoot.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I bought a RO loaded in 9mm. This gun is amazing and a blast to shoot.

My wife is trying to steal it from me. She handled a new compact version at Midwest Gun Exchange in Mishawaka on Saturday. Stephen at MGE was told by a SA rep that the RO have $1,200-$1,400 internals in them. I know this is Springfield Auto's retail cost as I'm sure SA is making some good coin on the RO's. My point is that the RO's are the best value out there for a quality gun. I was also told by a sales rep that Kimbers get sent back a lot.

Stop in and ask for Stephen. He is an INGO member (saynation) and he will take good care of you.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Well, update.

First, I purchased a Compact instead of a Champion. It's roughly the same size as my Glock 19.
    2wfjl2r.jpg

Second, I took it to the range today. I put about 150 rounds down range with it. I had one fail to feed, which was a hollowpoint. I'm not sure if it was set forward in the mag or what the deal was. It was the only one. I was able to 15 rounds into a fist sized group, on the right side 8 (which was my target). All in all, I shoot it better than my Glock and it's a lot more fun to shoot. Reloading twice as much sucks though.

2ldatqb.jpg

Attachments

• 2ldatqb.jpg
      2ldatqb.jpg
      245.9 KB · Views: 1
    • 2wfjl2r.jpg
      2wfjl2r.jpg
      420.4 KB · Views: 2
    Top Bottom