• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    Actually the correct acronym for the causes or treason is M.I.C.E.

Money
    Ideology
    Conscious
    Ego

Sex is used as a tool to convert.

Clinton, Kennedy, Roosevelt, Jefferson, Harding, Johnson, all had affairs....

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    What the general does with his "privates" is his concern and his wife's alone. Him diddling 1/2 of Virginia doesn't affect the way he does his job. .

Character doesn't matter to many anymore. He took at least two oaths. If he tossed one aside, how do we know he didn't toss the other?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I would note that many in the intelligence community were not all that excited about him being at CIA.

Solitaire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Indy
    Senator Dianne Feinstein, who chairs the Senate Intelligence Committee, said Petraeus will not need to testify at hearings she is chairing next week into the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya.

CIA Director David Petraeus resigns, cites extramarital affair - U.S. News

The woman involved in the affair remains unidentified, but the rumor is that it is Paula Broadwell, his biographer. She is currently under investigation by the FBI for accessing classified e-mails. The biography of Petraeus is titled "All In." If she is the woman involved, the joke writes itself. :):

Seriously, though, it's a shame his career ended like this.

Last edited:

Blackdog765

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    Isn't it interesting that this happens 3 days after the election, and 6 days before he is due to speak on the subject? And his resignation wasn't accepted until Friday by Obama, and then it hits the "news" during the Friday afternoon drive time.

This timing on all this fuels the conspiracy theorists, and makes the liberals mad that anyone even pays attention to it.

Play these two thoughts out... not that I can articulate them all that well.

1. It's a conspiracy (Benghazi)
    So thus Obama waits until after the election, and then corners Petraeus and comes up with a reason why he "must" resign before he's called to testify. Thus everything that Petraeus knows goes down with him and his resignation.

2. It's NOT a conspiracy
    Then when Petraeus comes forward with the information, Obama also realizes it would look bad to have him resign before testifying. They put their spin doctors into gear and figure out a way for him to testify at the hearings, and then resign.

Either way... it's interesting timing.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    So the head of the CIA cannot be trusted to honor a commitment? No, no problem there. The fact that infidelity is more common neither makes it acceptable, nor irrelevant. A man who will take a vow to a woman, for better or worse, for life- and breaks it, raises questions about every other thing he has "given his word" on. In a position as sensitive as his, the highest of standards should be demanded.

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    So the head of the CIA cannot be trusted to honor a commitment? No, no problem there. The fact that infidelity is more common neither makes it acceptable, nor irrelevant. A man who will take a vow to a woman, for better or worse, for life- and breaks it, raises questions about every other thing he has "given his word" on. In a position as sensitive as his, the highest of standards should be demanded.

Isn't this the same group that promised that the military would help with the bay of pigs? Did we see that honored?

An honorable papa spy would be ineffective.

Leave the man and his genitals alone

Solitaire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Indy
    Isn't this the same group that promised that the military would help with the bay of pigs? Did we see that honored?

An honorable papa spy would be ineffective.

Leave the man and his genitals alone

You've got a point. The CIA probably isn't the place for squeaky clean, church every Sunday types. I would imagine that you would be required to perform some unsavory tasks as an agent. People don't want to hear that, but people have always preferred comforting lies to uncomfortable truths.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    You've got a point. The CIA probably isn't the place for squeaky clean, church every Sunday types. I would imagine that you would be required to perform some unsavory tasks as an agent. People don't want to hear that, but people have always preferred comforting lies to uncomfortable truths.

As an agent - I'm sure unsavory tasks come with the territory. But ...

Not everyone at CIA is a "secret agent man"... there's TONS of people that are required to analyze and sort through the massive piles of info coming in - separating the wheat from the chaff. For those people, being squeeky clean IS a requirement. And not having anything that can be used to extort your cooperation is critical. Having an affair to such a person compromises them. Petraeus was compromised from what it sounds like.

I'm SURE that we don't and we won't hear the whole story. There is clearly a rift between the CIA and the White House over Benghazi. Obama threw CIA under the bus in a big way.

I'm confident that Petraeus did have an affair. Now then, the question is : when did the FBI (and hence the White House) know? Petraeus should have been out the same day that was known, due to the high security risk of having the DCI compromised. If it was weeks ago - then Obama's gulity of sitting on this in order to keep things smooth for the election. If they just found out about it, that's curious timing indeed. But Obama would be in the clear.

What would be VERY interesting is if Petraeus is making this known so that Obama HAS to let him out. That frees him to better testify on Benghazi, as he is no longer directly under Obama's thumb...

No matter how one looks at this - "Lucy got some 'splaining to do..."

Colt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Dearborn County
    Not that I condone it, but William Donovan the head of the OSS (which became the CIA after WWII) was known for his extramarital affairs. Apparently he set the standard 70 years ago. "Wild Bill Donovan" is a good read.

dleeharrison

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    I think that the resignation from the affair is a smokescreen for the Benghazi mess. Prior to his resignation, he was set to appear in front of congress, now, the White House, has stated that he will not testify. What a bunch of BS.

Top Bottom