• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Picked up some of these over time, I think Cimarron does a pretty good job with this finish. You can compare the top two Cimarrons with the 110 year old Colt Bisley on the bottom.:)

Post a pic if you have one.

Last edited:

AGarbers

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Martinsville
    I have seen new lever-action rifles finished like this at cowboy matches. They do look period correct and I always have to do a double take to see if they are shooting an original Winchester. I just saw a second or third generation Colt SAA on Sassnet that the previous owner had removed the bluing to make it look old. It lowered the value significantly so the new owner was able to get it for a huge discount. I wish I could find a score like that.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Picked up some of these over time, I think Cimarron does a pretty good job with this finish. You can compare the top two Cimarrons with the 110 year old Colt Bisley on the bottom.:)

Post a pic if you have one.

Very nice. How do the patina guns do as far as rust? Is it more difficult to keep rust away?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Very nice. How do the patina guns do as far as rust? Is it more difficult to keep rust away?

The patina guns are offered with this finish from Cimarron, it isn't home made. I don't see rust as a problem as it's a clear coating, maybe baked epoxy, over the metal. About .1 mil thickness.

Top Bottom