• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Not much a fan of foreign made 1911's, especially in anything other than .45acp.

I've owned 2 RIA 1911's (Armscor is the parent company for RIA, Citadel, etc... and makes frames for ATI)... worst 1911's I've ever owned. Awful finish, awful machining, horrible triggers, and 50% reliability at best. I had a . 45 and a 9mm.

Will never on anything but a quality 1911 again.

Take this with a grain of salt though. To each their own. IMO though, Armscor 1911 products are subpar at most.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I bought one from RK ($375 OTD). I have about 2,000 rounds thru mine. It required a short (100 rounds) break-in. My S&B 124gr shot fine thru it but the 147gr did not print well and I had (2) stove pipes before break-in. I cleaned with JB bore paste then shot it some including one magazine of DRT 50gr ammo (my EDC 9mm load). It shot great with combat grade accuracy and I can easily keep all rounds on a 3 X5 card out to 100 feet. I feel while an EDC pistol can shoot fine past that distance, I cannot feel thru all my training that I should've brought my rifle to engage beyond that distance.

I think there are better made magazines for the pistol but I decided to buy (2) more of the Metal Form from CDNN since they were so inexpensive. I have had ZERO problems out of the them so far. The springs in those tend to mush down when loaded for long periods so I will replace at a later date with +10% springs from Brownells. Springfield Armory has some of the best 9mm Magazines going for the money. I used them in the Kimber 9mm I used to have and they ran much better than the stock Kimber magazines.

My 100lb 16 year old daughter has no problems hitting steel out to 300yds with this pistol when I added the poly recoil bushing to the recoil rod since she is so tiny. I will opt for a tritium sight in the future as my model has the dovetailed front. Funny thing is, when my son went to buy one after my purchase, they were all staked fronts!

I have a Blade-Tech kydex holster and (2) double mag pouches from their entry level competition line (very basic vacuum molded and mass produced). The only mods are the black Magpul grips purchased from evil-Bay.

Last edited:

cmamath13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Greenwood
    I bought one from RK ($375 OTD). I have about 2,000 rounds thru mine. It required a short (100 rounds) break-in. My S&B 124gr shot fine thru it but the 147gr did not print well and I had (2) stove pipes before break-in. I cleaned with JB bore paste then shot it some including one magazine of DRT 50gr ammo (my EDC 9mm load). It shot great with combat grade accuracy and I can easily keep all rounds on a 3 X5 card out to 100 feet. I feel while an EDC pistol can shoot fine past that distance, I cannot feel thru all my training that I should've brought my rifle to engage beyond that distance.

I think there are better made magazines for the pistol but I decided to buy (2) more of the Metal Form from CDNN since they were so inexpensive. I have had ZERO problems out of the them so far. The springs in those tend to mush down when loaded for long periods so I will replace at a later date with +10% springs from Brownells. Springfield Armory has some of the best 9mm Magazines going for the money. I used them in the Kimber 9mm I used to have and they ran much better than the stock Kimber magazines.

My 100lb 16 year old daughter has no problems hitting steel out to 300yds with this pistol when I added the poly recoil bushing to the recoil rod since she is so tiny. I will opt for a tritium sight in the future as my model has the dovetailed front. Funny thing is, when my son went to buy one after my purchase, they were all staked fronts!

I have a Blade-Tech kydex holster and (2) double mag pouches from their entry level competition line (very basic vacuum molded and mass produced). The only mods are the black Magpul grips purchased from evil-Bay.

Must be one heck of a gun if a 16 year old is hitting at 300 yards! ;)

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I have the RIA in 9mm and 45, no issues with either one.
    I've been shooting my cast loads out of both, they've ate everything I've put through them.

Top Bottom