• ...and so much more!
  • Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel

Not only have they not made any headway, but restrictions have become increasingly strict. If the two are directly related as you are asserting, the restrictions should have been decreased over the last century. Instead, gay activism is on the rise while child brides have become nearly non-existent. If the two have a causal relationship, then the data suggests that enhanced privileges for gays causes a decrease in pedophilia. (I am not advocating this because I think the two issues have no relationship with each other)

And molesting children is still considered a disorder in the DSM. The only changes they've been pushing for is to distinguish between active child molesters and pedophiles who have the desires but successfully overcome them and do not act on them.

I'm not saying they're related at all, just that the success of one gives the other the idea they might be able to break down the resistance. Same with bestiality. Has even less to do with homosexuality, but they also want their "thing" not to be classified as a disorder. Apologies if I appeared to say more than I meant.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

We'll see. “move to narrow the scope during an upcoming court hearing”

Let me put this in highly technical legal jargon: bull****. You don't need a court hearing to narrow the scope OF YOUR OWN SUBPOENA. You withdraw it, and issue a more narrowly focused subpoena. Sounds to me like the City wants to have the Court say that everything, including sermons, are fair game so that they can point to the Court and say "the Court says they have to produce them, not us." Which, again, will be bull****.

Here's a quote from the Lord Mayor:

“There’s no question the wording was overly broad,” Parker said during a press conference Wednesday. “But I also think there was some deliberate misinterpretation on the other side.”

Sounds to anyone like she really, now understands the problem? Sounds to me like weasel words.

From the City Attorney AFTER the claimed "backing down": “If they choose to do this inside the church, choose to do this from the pulpit, then they open the door to the questions being asked,”

So here's what is going to happen. The subpoena will be "narrowed" to exclude the word "sermons" and will simply ask for anything they've ever said, anywhere about the subject.

But what does Osteen have to say about it? Silly me...this involves taking a stand.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County

the-simpsons-mr-burns-excel1.jpg

Top Bottom