• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    New Albany does not have guns, only the Clarksville one does.

And I'm calling BS on this one. I'm there all the time buying ammo and the 2 older guys that work that counter are the nicest guys there.

I have watched them both sell guns, one a shotgun and one a AR to 2 women before. They never acted like what this woman is claiming.

I just don't see it happening.

Agreed, I have never been in that Wal-Mart, but I think there is more to the story.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    There are dooshbags everywhere, shortly before my daughters 21 birthday we met at the Kankakee
    Il gun show. We were hoping to find her a handgun. She's been shooting since she was 7, and was
    very familier with guns. Several dealers gave us the same song and dance as the walmart
    idiot. One said I couldn't purchase a gun for her and I stated that, yes I could purchase
    a gun for myself and give it to her on her birthday. I also explained that she couldn't buy
    it herself because she didn't have a FOID yet and that I could not give it to her till she had
    it. Once he saw that I understood the law he backed off. I didn't buy anything from him
    anyway. She did find a nice model 39 Smith that she still has.
    Walmart did violate this ladies rights even if he didn't violate the law. This kind of attitude
    should not be tolerated in the gun business. We have enough hinderence from the feds, we don't
    need it from self proclaimed know it all's and petty tyrants behind gun counters.
    Walmart should move the jerk to ladies under garments where he belongs...

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    a straw purchase is defined as any purchase from a dealer holding a Federal Firearms License where the buyer conducting the transaction is acting as a proxy for another person. The law does not distinguish between someone who is purchasing on behalf of a person who legally cannot purchase or possess a firearm, and one who is not.

Thank you for the bit of reason. We've all filled out the forms before and it asks pretty clearly if the gun is for you or somebody else.

Common sense would say who cares, but the law is the law is the law.

If he REASONABLY suspected that the gun was for somebody else then the clerk probably did the right thing.

I'm not saying it couldn't have been handled better but this doesn't seem boycott worthy to me.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Should have gone to Orion Arms in Jeffersonville. They dont bull**** there.

There's PLENTY of bull at Orion...its just the good kind of bull (in my experience).:twocents:

I've bought rimfire ammo a few times at the Clarksville MegaLoMart...damn near like pulling teeth to find somebody to open the case and one of those older gentlemen there acted like I had asked him to move Mt. Everest by asking for two boxes of CCI Mini-Mags.

Sure wish Dick's Sporting Goods would get another big shipment of the 500ct CCI SV bricks, and the black box Winchester Dynapoint GT...

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    There are dooshbags everywhere, shortly before my daughters 21 birthday we met at the Kankakee
    Il gun show. We were hoping to find her a handgun. She's been shooting since she was 7, and was
    very familier with guns. Several dealers gave us the same song and dance as the walmart
    idiot. One said I couldn't purchase a gun for her and I stated that, yes I could purchase
    a gun for myself and give it to her on her birthday. I also explained that she couldn't buy
    it herself because she didn't have a FOID yet and that I could not give it to her till she had
    it. Once he saw that I understood the law he backed off. I didn't buy anything from him
    anyway. She did find a nice model 39 Smith that she still has.
    Walmart did violate this ladies rights even if he didn't violate the law. This kind of attitude
    should not be tolerated in the gun business. We have enough hinderence from the feds, we don't
    need it from self proclaimed know it all's and petty tyrants behind gun counters.
    Walmart should move the jerk to ladies under garments where he belongs...

How so?

And you just keep the jerk away from the ladies' undergarments section. Nobody needs to find drool marks on her brand new pair of panties.

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    There's PLENTY of bull at Orion...its just the good kind of bull (in my experience).:twocents:

I've bought rimfire ammo a few times at the Clarksville MegaLoMart...damn near like pulling teeth to find somebody to open the case and one of those older gentlemen there acted like I had asked him to move Mt. Everest by asking for two boxes of CCI Mini-Mags.

Sure wish Dick's Sporting Goods would get another big shipment of the 500ct CCI SV bricks, and the black box Winchester Dynapoint GT...

Nice King Of The Hill reference there. Lol

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana

I get much better service at Wal-Mart than I ever get at Orion.

I never get that attitude from Tom or Robert at Wal-Mart. The NA one, yes, but never from the C-Ville one.

Now asking to see a gun at Orion is like asking them to help you move. A sigh, a grunt, then they act like I should pay to see it.

Another reason why I goto Acme in Seymour.

Last edited:

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    Ok, I talked to Tom and Robert today at Wal-Mart.

Her story is bull.

She and the husband was there, both where acting nervous. He changed his story twice, saying once he was from VA then from NC.

They were in a hurry to do the paperwork and leave. When she said that the shotty was for the husband, she was asked why not have him do the paperwork.

Then she said it was for her.

When refused the husband threatened the Tom and then was told to leave. He screamed and got into Tom's face. The manager ran them out of the store.

IMO they did right to refuse the sale. I would have not made the sale.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    surprisingly, after watching the video, im believing its a BS story even more. Granted, we will never ever see the true story, but it would be interesting.

Top Bottom