• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boomstick

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    Getting set up to start e-filing trust NFA forms. Who has done it? How much quicker is it? Did you use a e-file signature program for the forms signature, i assume you have too since the form needs to be signed? IS the payment site easy to use?

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I think the real question is whether it will continue to be faster. There seemed to be an initial batch when it was first released that cleared with a few months, way faster than paper forms. After that, I haven't seen much talk about stamps coming back. I've been a few threads where people reported that they had specialized one examiner for e-forms as a pilot, so the initial batch went through pretty quick. So, I don't know if they release the eforms to all the examiners, so they get stuck in the pile, or whether everyone and their brother started e-filing, creating a giant back log just for that.

hondatech2k2

Shooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Greenwood
    I assume eForms are for trust only?

edit: found my answer

"If the submission of the form requires fingerprints, photographs, and the Law Enforcement Certification, the submission cannot be done using eForms - the application must be submitted on paper to the NFA Branch"

Last edited:

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    I think the real question is whether it will continue to be faster. There seemed to be an initial batch when it was first released that cleared with a few months, way faster than paper forms. After that, I haven't seen much talk about stamps coming back. I've been a few threads where people reported that they had specialized one examiner for e-forms as a pilot, so the initial batch went through pretty quick. So, I don't know if they release the eforms to all the examiners, so they get stuck in the pile, or whether everyone and their brother started e-filing, creating a giant back log just for that.

I agree and hope the trend continues, seems they are still running in the 90-120 day range, NFATracker.com ATF Form 1 and Form 4 Tracking website

You can now click on the dots on the graph, it will show you that form info, looks like all the examiners are now doing e-forms.

FAL

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 28, 2012
    NWI
    I efiled two Form1s on 9/3, received the stamps via email on 12/5, just a tad over 3 months.

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Hmm, well, maybe I should look at getting a trust then. I was thinking of submitting the paperwork on two new SBRs, so maybe the extra cost of a trust will be worth it if I can cut the wait time to 3 months instead of a year.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    The only thing I can do on the first page is select FFL. I hit the drop down box and it doesn't give me any option.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Chris,

If I finally get off my rear and come into the shop to get a 30cal can, can I/you/we do eFile for an Individual transfer, or would I need to go the paper route?

Top Bottom