• ...and so much more!
  • Nicu757

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 2, 2013
    Brownsburg
    SBRs you can really buy anywhere and then just put it together. There are all sorts of places to buy suppressors and they HAVE to fill out there section of the form 4 on that. As far as them filling in your part of it I never advise that do it yourself or it wont get done or done right. If you are new in the NFA game do lots of research and read lots of forms before buying anything its expensive and takes a longgggggg time. I would be happy to answer any questions you have just ask

shootamc58

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 28, 2012
    noblesville
    SBRs you can really buy anywhere and then just put it together. There are all sorts of places to buy suppressors and they HAVE to fill out there section of the form 4 on that. As far as them filling in your part of it I never advise that do it yourself or it wont get done or done right. If you are new in the NFA game do lots of research and read lots of forms before buying anything its expensive and takes a longgggggg time. I would be happy to answer any questions you have just ask

Thanks. I've bought stuff before. I'm just more curious who everyone prefers on here. I like to support people who do good business and make things easy.

Nicu757

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 2, 2013
    Brownsburg
    Well I have one can waiting for the ATF to ok waiting up at Bear arms in Noblesville. The guys at premier in Brownsburg are nice guys too it s a small little place there prices aren't bad.

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    I have bought 6 items from Copper Customs ( Military Arms Channel shop ) The staff there is great and handles all the paperwork and the whole process. They know a bunch about the items so its nice to talk to someone who has shot most everything they sell. Not sure how it is done in other places but I walk in and pick out what I want, they already have my trust on file, they print the paperwork, I click some boxes and they give me my copies to mail, call me when its ready for pick up. I had to buy a SBR on Gunbroker and I had it shipped there, paid the fee and they still do everything. Really great group of guys, Dave, Les, or Tim (aka MAC) they will take care of you.

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    In the past, I have purchase Class III items from:

• ZR Tactical Solutions (Noblesville)
    • Beech Grove Firearms (Beech Grove)
    • Profire (somewhere on the internet now, I guess)
    • Law Enforcement Firearms (South-side of Indy)
    • ACME Guns (Seymour)
    • Applied Ballistics (Lafayette)

ZR Tactical has always been excellent. All my transfers through ZR have been for custom built stuff (they are an 07/02), SBRs and SBSs. They've always stood by the work they did and took care of any problem that occurred without any questions (and more importantly, dealt with the ATF when the examiner screwed up my paperwork, so I didn't have to get involved). They also do any standard transfers and will order class III items for customers.

Beech Grove Firearms was also an excellent experiences. Good customer service and (this was when the range was open), they let me come in and shoot my suppressor anytime I wanted.

Profire was a decent experience, though it was pretty basic and was literally the quickest paper Form 4 I have ever seen (less than 3 months). I didn't like the way I was pushed into a Huntertown Arms Guardian 22SS suppressor, when I was initially looking at a Silencerco Sparrow... but in the end, I made the decision, and the can is okay, though not as quiet as I think it should be.

Law Enforcement Firearms was a bit of a :poop:-show. They were brokering a machine gun and it ended up becoming a 10 month nightmare of messed up paperwork and a disappearing transferee. They were less than helpful in tracking down the original seller to get paperwork corrected. In the end, I had to work extensively with a very nice examiner at the ATF, who got the Bureau Deputy Chief to sign off on using a copy of the paperwork. It was a total mess.

ACME Guns is another brokered deal. It's in process, so hopefully it won't be anywhere as problematic as my last one. They were good to deal with, though we had a bit of a struggle playing phone tag at first.

Applied Ballistics transfers started out very rough (I had a store credit I was trying to use on suppressors). They kept delaying ordering my suppressors, for literally months. I found out later that they were in the process of transfering owenership and the old owner didn't want to mess with any Class III transfers during that, so he stalled until it changed hands. I then had the transfers go through with no problems after that (it was for two suppressors).

All of them helped with getting the initial paperwork put together and sent off to the ATF, so I think it's fair to say that's a pretty common trait among Class III dealers. It's the service afterward that is the differentiator.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    USDS pushed me into class 3. Although 2 of my 3 class 3 items are form 1 SBR's most components and my 1 and only suppressor came from USDS

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    After attempting a few local places (no one local was a dealer), I went through Gun Silencers For Sale Buy Silencer Pistol Rifle Shotgun. Premier Arms was listed on their website as a viable transfer point, so I selected them and added it to the cart. They also have the tax stamp which you can purchase and they'll file all the paperwork for you. After purchase, they send you a link. In that link it took me about 5 minutes to upload a scan of my trust paperwork and fill out a few details. I really don't think it could get much easier. The item I ordered is still on Form3 from the manufacturer and should be shipping to distributors around the first week of January. Once the SilencerShop get's my serial number, my paperwork will be submitted. Just trying to be patient now.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    My Saker was from Silencershop & transferred through Premier. You'll be fine. I didn't pay Silencershop for the stamp & did it myself though.

Top Bottom