Classic Car Pics. Yours not yours, all things cool or not so cool.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Would you can’t fix stupid be a good title??????

Florida Ford GT Owner Crashes Because He's "Unfamiliar" With Manual Transmission: Police​

The driver had just purchased the 2006 Heritage Edition GT for $704,000 at a Barrett-Jackson auction last month. View attachment 198533
    How the hell do you get to be 50 years old and not know how to drive a stick?

Wow, just wow.

I learned to drive a stick in a friends old rambler that had no shifter, just piano wires hooked up to T handles and you had to pull the right one to put it in that gear.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Wow, just wow.

I learned to drive a stick in a friends old rambler that had no shifter, just piano wires hooked up to T handles and you had to pull the right one to put it in that gear.
    You had to actually "DRIVE" the cars of our youth not just aim them. Hell, some of the new ones aim/park themselves.
    Todays rigs are far to easy to get from A to B in. No real effort required so time on the phone is a must.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    You had to actually "DRIVE" the cars of our youth not just aim them. Hell, some of the new ones aim/park themselves.
    Todays rigs are far to easy to get from A to B in. No real effort required so time on the phone is a must.
    Or sing "We will Rock you" and clap their hands barrelling down the freeway 2.5 tons of steel.

I'd like to know the insurance companies take on these "features" in new vehicles. The ins. companies could end these features in a minute if they wanted to. Wait until the first deadly pileup happens with one of these, I can hear the court testimony now; "We were all just minding our own business, singing and clapping our hands when all of a sudden - BAM!"

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Wow, just wow.

Who even has a manual transmission vehicle to drive today? A few here have sports cars or an old truck or Jeep but almost everything is automatic…

Reactions: Leo

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I just had a conversation with my son who isn't at all into cars, about how complex these newer cars are with their computer technology. His mind was blown by my claim that these cars are more complex than the space shuttle was...and those of us who have to work on them have to continually figure it out

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I just had a conversation with my son who isn't at all into cars, about how complex these newer cars are with their computer technology. His mind was blown by my claim that these cars are more complex than the space shuttle was...and those of us who have to work on them have to continually figure it out
    I have seen the apolo rocket on display at the cape. The Saturn lift vehicle is amazing and by today’s standards it’s a rotors dial phone. The capsule is spartan and very small. A flying phone booth.
    The computing power involved was maybe just a tad more than a good calculator used today. Analog.
    Yet they rode that beast to the moon. Landed in it. Spent time there. Lifted off and found the service module. Docked with it in lunar orbit and rode it back home.
    Brave men.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Looking up at the F1 1st stage main engines is simply breathtaking. Especially if you are old enough to have watched the liftoff footage and recognize that out of those nozzles came 1.5 MILLION pounds of thrust each!
    I was in awe. Yes, I am old enough and had to go out to the cape to see it. The shuttle is by no means comparable. It has its own awesomeness for sure, but the Saturn 5 is still king in my mind.

Top Bottom