Classic Tractor Pics. Yours not yours, all things cool or not so cool.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    Rode with granddad on one like this as a little guy.

View attachment 275730
    My Dad had a MM U302super with a picker. I was never allowed to ride with him, but could ride in the flatbed wagon(while dodging ears of corn.LOL). The reason was, his Father was picking corn one Thanksgiving and it caught fire(not the MM, a different picker). He(my GrandDad) was lucky he didn't lose his foot from being burned bad.

Dad's U302super caught fire one day while he was planting, burned to the ground. That was in the early '80's, and just a year or so after is when he had to quit farming. I need to see if Mom has any pics of that tractor.

I have a WD-45 that is in need of restoration, and last July I picked up a IH 284.

Here is the old Farmall B that my great-great Grandpa used to farm with. I took this picture years ago, on a frosty morning.
    DSC00466.jpg

Thanks for starting the thread.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Dang, this thread has reminded me how much of a little kid I am, I'm loving these tractor pictures.....I have fond memories of riding with my grandpas, on their tractors, going through the fields, and creeks... and the time Grandpa told me to hang on, we were going down a hill....about the time he stopped suddenly, and off the tractor I flew (being a smart a$$ kid, I didn't hold tight) I still swear I saw him laughing, when I looked up, like.."told you so"

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Dang near lost a foot in one of these as a kid. Note no cover over the front where the blade sticks out. This thing will cut off two inch saplings. Built to mow between the fence and crops…

1683991855582.jpeg

cmann250

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 2, 2018
    Land of 300bu corn
    We need more green in this thread. Here’s mine.

499dd16b94486d87d6913239883d09f0.jpg

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    We shared a lot of similar equipment. Always admired the twin stacks on the 1468, never got to run one. Almost all of the diesels we ran were turned up. For those that want to see clearer a 1468 twin stack…

View attachment 275808
    Dont have much digital ( available to post ). 50 years of red paint. Bunch of actual photos I should dig thru and at least snap a pic of a pic.

The 1468 was really a dog stock...any less than full m and bye bye hp, zero lugging ability. I added twin turbos, changed injection pump to a.ways run on all 8. Problem then was too much h.p. for everything else. Spent a fortune on repairs Eventually at retirement was ridge till/no till for 15-20 years, Magnum tractor, 12 row JD 7200.

Top Bottom