• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Okay ... the ensuing confession won't mean much to those of you who don't know me very well (or at all), but you may enjoy anyway.

To those who are familiar with my "gun cleaning regimen" (which is roughly akin "caring" for a pet turtle whose whereabouts in your home became a mystery in the mid 1980s), this topic has inspired me. This afternoon I gave some attention to my carry guns.

I unloaded 'em, took 'em apart, wiped off the crud with a paper towel and in some places even a q-tip, ran a bore snake through the barrels (twice!), relubed, and reassembled. I even went so far as to unload the magazines, take them apart too, clean out the dustbunnies, reassemble, and reload.

After all of that heavy labor, I am spent.

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    Okay ... the ensuing confession won't mean much to those of you who don't know me very well (or at all), but you may enjoy anyway.

To those who are familiar with my "gun cleaning regimen" (which is roughly akin "caring" for a pet turtle whose whereabouts in your home became a mystery in the mid 1980s), this topic has inspired me. This afternoon I gave some attention to my carry guns.

I unloaded 'em, took 'em apart, wiped off the crud with a paper towel and in some places even a q-tip, ran a bore snake through the barrels (twice!), relubed, and reassembled. I even went so far as to unload the magazines, take them apart too, clean out the dustbunnies, reassemble, and reload.

After all of that heavy labor, I am spent.
    For those of us who know Joey... this is the funniest part of this thread!!! :lmfao:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    For those of us who know Joey... this is the funniest part of this thread!!! :lmfao:

Perhaps they need to see to believe?!!!

Actually, Coach has suggested a competition between Doug Barnes and myself to see whose gun is actually dirtier. I'm going for the win!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Reading this for the first time. Did a Google search to see if the expires was really charged with attempted murder. No luck but I did find this gem.

Couple admitted into ER after mistaking super glue with lube

Think you got played...

Shocking news, stories and videos. Whether currently occurring, interesting, controversial, abnormal, thought provoking or satirical, we only wish to inform and entertain with the content we publish.

While at first glance it looks like a broadcast station (hence the domain name) there is a link embedded with the above text indicating its a satire site.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    No excuse for bad preventative maintenance. The handgun is a tool to the Police Officer, and may well be the only tool that brings him home after a duty shift. Daily check, and secure, you are good to go.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    A friend of mine was the Indiana State Police range officer and (don't know his title) maintained the firearms used by officers. He is now retired but about 10 - 15 years ago told me about one female Patrol officer that was carrying an unloaded handgun for several weeks. During the routine qualifications, he required that all firearms be unloaded, cleaned and inspected after firing. Several weeks later, (I presume the next qualification), she presented the handgun for inspection UNLOADED. She then remembered it was unloaded at the last qualification event and she had never reloaded! He said he did read her the riot act and wrote her up. Seems to me that the requirements for becoming a State police candidate have sure dropped pretty low!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    This reminds me that if you chamber check when you have handle your weapon for administrative reasons, you will know right away if your ex-wife super glued the slide.

Top Bottom