• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ArevaloSocom

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2014
    Hobart
    We need to get something like this passed for anti-gun CLEOs.

Ohio is ready to join the list of state with similar laws.

Yesterday, the Ohio House of Representatives voted to concur on House Bill 234 by a 69 to 16 vote after it passed in the state Senate by a 24 to 6 vote on Tuesday. HB 234 has been sent to Governor John Kasich (R) for his consideration.
    Originally, HB 234, sponsored by state Representative Cheryl Grossman (R-23), would revise state law to allow for the use of a firearm sound suppressor while hunting in the Buckeye State. Hunting with suppressed firearms provides numerous benefits to sportsmen, including the elimination of noise complaints, reduction of recoil, increased accuracy and reduction of muzzle report to hearing-safe levels.
    Tuesday, some additional pro-gun measures were amended into HB 234, including allowing the purchase and sale of shotguns and rifles in non-contiguous states, reforming the concealed carry process by reducing the number of training hours required from 12 hours to 8 hours and requiring a chief law enforcement officer (CLEO) to sign off on an application to transfer an item regulated by the National Firearms Act.
    The NRA thanks you for contacting your state legislators to help finally pass this comprehensive pro-gun legislation. Please now contact Governor Kasich and politely ask him to sign HB 234 into law.
    Governor John Kasich
    (614) 466-3555

david890

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Bloomington
    You can get around a reluctant CLEO by using a Trust. No CLEO, no fingerprints. Easy to do; I've done it several times with a Trust I cobbled together from several examples I found on the Web.

FAL

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 28, 2012
    NWI
    You can get around a reluctant CLEO by using a Trust. No CLEO, no fingerprints. Easy to do; I've done it several times with a Trust I cobbled together from several examples I found on the Web.

Problem is that 41P may do away with that, and require CLEO signoff even for trusts in 2015. CLEO must-sign legislation is already the law in Tennessee, I believe, and it would be great to see it become the law in Indiana.

ArevaloSocom

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2014
    Hobart
    Problem is that 41P may do away with that, and require CLEO signoff even for trusts in 2015. CLEO must-sign legislation is already the law in Tennessee, I believe, and it would be great to see it become the law in Indiana.

+1

In fact the drafted Form 4's are already pending on the .gov webpage.

It's a done deal. EVERYONE, trust or no Trust wll need to get CLEO permission soon.

I've sent 5 Form 1's in just to get ahead of this crap.

FAL

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 28, 2012
    NWI
    I think my C3 FFL dealer thinks I'm crazy with all the stuff I bought this year, but I'm really trying to stay ahead of 41P as much as possible. Read up on it and you'll understand why we should push for the "CLEO must sign" legislation.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009

...and Utah, Kentucky, Kansas, Oklahoma and Arizona.

We definitely need this here for protection especially for residents of NWI.

FAL

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 28, 2012
    NWI

ncthorn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    It's been a few years since I left IN, but OH has a very strong state level gun rights group in Buckey Firearms Assn. They pushed much of this very well. One thing they did was host a suppressor shoot with state legislators. Not sure how much it really swayed politicians, but it certainly did not hurt.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    I'll just add my voice to the NFA Trust proponents. First of all it costs as little as $0 since you can find complete examples online for the needed language. I spend $40 to get a Word document template where I just needed to fill in the blanks. It took perhaps 30 minutes. If you a paranoid, a lawyer can certainly be found to do it for a few hundred bucks.

No CLEO approval needed, no fingerprints but for me the biggest deal is that all you need to do to include someone else in the trust is fill out one sheet of paper.

I know I was reluctant to pursue this path for unknown reasons. But after going through it I can't imagine doing it any other way.

Top Bottom