• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I suppose none of you ever played with BB guns when you were 12. Surely your parents didn't let you out of the house with them.

Well, kinda. But in a different sequence. First I took the BB gun outside. After I accidentally shot the glass door...THEN my parents didn't let me out of the house. For anything other than school. And the BB gun was confiscated. Pretty much forever.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    I had bb gun WARS with my friends. How none of us never lost an eye, I'll never know.
    Image what would happen if one kid shot another kid with a BB gun today. Also I hated cheaters, the rule was 3 pumps max, but I know this one kid pumped pass that, got him back when we had slingshot wars, one of the dirtballs had a rock in it by mistake.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I suppose none of you ever played with BB guns when you were 12. Surely your parents didn't let you out of the house with them.

I suppose that we're horrible parents because our 11 year old can take his BB gun outside whenever he wants and doesn't need to ask....of course he's not wandering through city streets with it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I suppose that we're horrible parents because our 11 year old can take his BB gun outside whenever he wants and doesn't need to ask....of course he's not wandering through city streets with it.

Hey. So could I. I think I may have been 11 when I shot out the glass door.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

Straw men are fun to demolish, but aren't there already enough allergens in the air, without adding more?

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    Cities would rather go with a payout than endure the bad press that this trial would generate.

We now have spineless PC politicians in office who would rather give away 6 mil than risk not being re-elected. Fantastic!

The mother and the sister got $250K each. Where is the father?

6mil to this "boys" estate? Holy COW.... His earning potential must have been higher than I would have thought.

Again, absolute HORSE CRAP.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    This was my thought exactly. By "rewarding" people, it only sets up an environment for more law suites anytime there is a perceived injustice.
    You think a jury would have given less? I thought the purpose of the courts was to determine whether perceived injustice was real or not and remedy it?

At first blush, the case settled for WAY less than it was potentially worth. Remember, the shooting cop had already been fired once for inability to properly use his firearm.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    This was my thought exactly. By "rewarding" people, it only sets up an environment for more law suites anytime there is a perceived injustice.

Who's being rewarded? I think it's without question that shoddy LE work contributed to this boy's death.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You think a jury would have given less? I thought the purpose of the courts was to determine whether perceived injustice was real or not and remedy it?

At first blush, the case settled for WAY less than it was potentially worth. Remember, the shooting cop had already been fired once for inability to properly use his firearm.

As well as this.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Chip Bennet touched upon my biggest question. Why in heaven's name would Rice's parents let him out of the house with an air soft pistol with the orange tip removed? Why? Has this not occurred to ANYONE? Isn't the very possibility of an incident like this the very reason the magic tip is mandated?
    The news (last night) said it was a pellet gun. Do we know? (Not that it really matters)

Top Bottom