• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kurr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jefferson County
    I live about 10 mins from there, never camped, very nice park. Some of the trails are a good workout. Be very careful if you go off trail the terrain can be rough and there's holes and caves and severe drops.

Overall a great time and downtown Madison is very nice to go in and out of shops.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Used to hike there a lot. As was already said, the trails can be pretty treacherous, especially after a rain. If you pay attention to the park map, you can do a nice loop. But you’ll definitely want to stay on the trails, especially if you have little ones with you. It’s not uncommon to hear of someone falling to their death there.

The restaurant at clifty inn has some pretty good food, and fried biscuits and apple butter.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    The family and I are camping at Clifty Falls soon, has anyone been there? How are the trails, local sites?

Thank you!
    Trails are great, nature walks are fun. Lots of snakes, not always a good thing. Cleanest shower rooms I have seen. Madison has a fun downtown, great place for a walk around and ice cream date.

I will prolly never go back though. Too many meth heads at the camp grounds last time I was there. One of them ran over a tent line around 1am. A few more feet and they would have hit our tent. Then they started a fire with the adjacent campsites table. Called the campsite multiple times. DNR came to run them off after about an hour. Then the meth heads came back 30 minutes later. We got our valuables and went to the Inn. Told the clerk what happened and went to sleep in their "den". 20 minutes later a manager came out and offered to comp us the rest of the night in a room since it was almost 3am. Their beds are pretty comfy.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Beautiful park, pretty serious trails and awesome sights. Nice nature center, pool, shelter houses with grills etc.

I grew up crawling all over the place and it's still just as cool. Come enjoy it!

Dingleberry

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 12, 2021
    Indiana
    Some of the Madison residents are shady, but other than me they are mostly nice. Gun shop is Madison Guns on Cragmont if you want to "accidentally" drive by with the wife.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I used to go a lot when I lived in the area. Trail #2 is a lot of fun if the water isn't too high for your liking. There's a couple good Mexican restaurants in the nearby town. Never stayed or ate at the Inn in the park, but people who have seemed to always have good things to say.

Top Bottom