• bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Clinton vs. Trump vs. Knife Rights - 1,000's of Knives Confiscated

As a nonpartisan organization with members and supporters of all political persuasions we have made it our policy not to endorse candidates, but we still have an interest in politicians being friendly to knives and our interests. In just a few weeks, arguably the most critical presidential election in our lifetimes will be held. The outcome could affect knife owners on many levels. As such, I think I owe it to our members and supporters that we review the two major party presidential candidates' stances on two issues that will likely impact many Americans' knife rights...

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I heard that hitlary was going to use Rhino as a poster boy for knife violence policy to ban knives.

(self inflicted still gets counted in the total knife violence statistics)

Expatriated

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 22, 2013
    Yall need to sell all your ivory handled randalls to me quick! Before they become worthless to own and unsellable ;)

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Seriously?......... What is your thought/reason for the total ban of "legal" ivory?
    I think the argument is (based upon a segment I watched on TV just a few weeks ago) that the elephant herds are being decimated. That countries like China and Japan are willing to certify as "old, legal ivory" , ivory from a freshly killed elephants. If this continues unabated, elephant and rhino populations could be headed toward extinction in the wild. Not personally arguing one side or the other, just giving the argument.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I think the argument is (based upon a segment I watched on TV just a few weeks ago) that the elephant herds are being decimated. That countries like China and Japan are willing to certify as "old, legal ivory" , ivory from a freshly killed elephants. If this continues unabated, elephant and rhino populations could be headed toward extinction in the wild. Not personally arguing one side or the other, just giving the argument.

Absolutely ......this is the argument for banning ivory, to help stop (in theory) the poaching of elephants and rhinos. Instead of a concentrated effort in banning ivory with new laws that may or may not be effective, and only enforceable in the USA, the effort should be focused on stopping the poaching of elephants and rhinos. I have read several times that a large percentage of poached ivory doesn't even come to the United States. The largest market for ivory is mostly in the Asians countries. :twocents:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Absolutely ......this is the argument for banning ivory, to help stop (in theory) the poaching of elephants and rhinos. Instead of a concentrated effort in banning ivory with new laws that may or may not be effective, and only enforceable in the USA, the effort should be focused on stopping the poaching of elephants and rhinos. I have read several times that a large percentage of poached ivory doesn't even come to the United States. The largest market for ivory is mostly in the Asians countries. :twocents:
    That was what this story said, it is almost entirely for the Asian markets.

Top Bottom