• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Found this amusing.. Even Remington is calling them clips now.. I guess those of us that still call them magazines are the dinosaurs. :)

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]Ruger MK III, M&P & 1911mechanic
    NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] –[/FONT] Certified Glock armorer

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Looks like an obvious attempt at liberalspeak to me. I'm kinda surprised it didn't say "w/10 shot magazineclip" just to make it doubly clear.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Various manufacturers have referred to them that way since they first came out.
    That's why I'm amused about the whole magazine/clip argument.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Somebody in the company probably got some sort of money savings suggestion award by getting them to do that. Imagine all the toner, ink, labor, and whatever they would save in a year by using the word clip instead of magazine.

prescut

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    United States
    i don't know the Remington, but several old military rifles use "clips" not magazines. I grew up sleeping with a M1 and we used a "clip" to load ammo. Same thing for a Mosin Nagant. I always believed the difference was that a magazine stayed in place and continued to feed ammo while a clip was used to hold the ammo straight while you pushed it into the receiver, and then it was removed for firing. Seems like there is a difference worth using and not just a word game.
    CA gunners now use bullet buttons instead of magazine release. That means it's not really a magazine because it requires a tool to remove the ammo holder. Now, that's a word game.

lost

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Marlins have the same thing on their 795s.

Intelligence behind the Freedom Group.

But a lot of makers now are stamping things .45 Long Colt too so.....

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    i don't know the Remington, but several old military rifles use "clips" not magazines. I grew up sleeping with a M1 and we used a "clip" to load ammo. Same thing for a Mosin Nagant. I always believed the difference was that a magazine stayed in place and continued to feed ammo while a clip was used to hold the ammo straight while you pushed it into the receiver, and then it was removed for firing. Seems like there is a difference worth using and not just a word game.
    CA gunners now use bullet buttons instead of magazine release. That means it's not really a magazine because it requires a tool to remove the ammo holder. Now, that's a word game.

lost

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-rob-pincus-magazine-vs-clip-terminology.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/general-firearms-discussion/122088-magazine-clip.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/general-firearms-discussion/116576-clip-vs-magazine.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/general-firearms-discussion/33685-clip-vs-magazine.html

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    magazine-clip.jpg

Top Bottom