• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ShootnCut

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2013
    Indiana
    Here are a couple of Vectors that I think represent what you are asking about. They are a good quality AK but I'm not sure as to the company's current status. It may be difficult to fine one with the correct furniture but that's something you can take care of later as I did with these.
    Here's the company link: Vector Arms - AK-47 Products

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Those are century series guns, not AKM stuff. Notice the black furniture, 90 degree gastubes, and 74 style comps

Then maybe a Century N-PAP would be more your taste.

The Izmash I posted is the closest thing you will get to a modern Russian made AK. And Arsenal Bulgaria is the current manufacturer of most of the AK variant rifles in battle today. A select fire version of the SAM-7SF84 is the current issue of the Bulgarian army. Thus it IS the closest thing you can get to an actual battlefield AK in the US.

AK-modernized. ;) :smileak:

Last edited:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    There was only one true AKM imported into the land of shall not be infringed, that being the semi-auto only SAR-1. The Romanian military trains with semi-autos before graduating to the select fire version. All other imports were commercial rifles and while some are a great match for a true almost AKM, there is only one that actually is.

-Jake-

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    NWI
    Converted Saiga? If you can find an Egyptian Maadi they're supposedly built on the original Russian machines. Could be an internet myth too :dunno:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The old Egyptiam Maadi's that first came into the US back in the 80s were close, wonder what's become of all of those.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I think many are missing the point, he doesn't want just any AK variant that was in battle but the successor to the original AK47 and precursor to the AK74. Right?
    Yeah. Thing is a lot of countries manufactured AKM clones with most having only the most minute of changes. A rather difficult question.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Poly technologies or Norinco Chinese pre ban AKM. You are going to pay a premium now.

made in same factory as the red army rifles. Used market only.
    The Type 56 semi-auto clones? They are rather far from the AKM. They retained several features of the AK-47, one of the most plain being the angle of the stock.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    There was only one true AKM imported into the land of shall not be infringed, that being the semi-auto only SAR-1. The Romanian military trains with semi-autos before graduating to the select fire version. All other imports were commercial rifles and while some are a great match for a true almost AKM, there is only one that actually is.

True dat.

Love the sar-1

I'll give another vote for the sgl 21 as well as the Maadis. You can't go wrong with any but you may feel bad shooting one of the no longer available classics over an SGL21 that you can get at Kvar.

Top Bottom