• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mellow

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Harrison County
    I've got a Spike's Tactical dedicated 22lr upper with the spikes bolt assembly and it works fine with everything but Rem Golden bullets. Sometimes it needs a little extra coaxing due to the irregular shape of the "collars" on the lead. This requires recharging the bolt which usually just ejects the round 99% of the time because i've pulled too far back on the handle. While browsing the CMMG site I noticed their Forward Assist Adapter which would work perfect for this type of situation.
    I don't feel like spending the 300$+ to refit a complete CMMG bolt group in my spikes upper for this convenience, so my question is:
    Does anyone know if the CMMG Forward Assist Adapter will work in the spikes kit? From what I can tell the two are very similar with the exception of the placement roll pin that retains the firing pin, and by proxy the firing pin itself; However, that should have no bearing on the installation of the adapter.
    The easy answer is "don't use golden bullets". I won't once this box is gone, but my OCD personality would still like a forward assist for the 0.01% in the future.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom