• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Saiga223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Ok, so can someone tell me if there is a limit to how many firearms you can buy in a time period? I drive 25 miles to Anderson to pick up a Mosin 91/30 for the sale price of $89.99, the sales person was polite and knowledgeable even helped me find the best looking one. Grabbed a few rounds of 7.62x54r surplus ammo and filled out my paperwork. Now all I'm thinking about is going to the range tomorrow and then, POW. You've been DELAYED, WTH! So now I have to wait on them to call me to let me know it has been approved and make the 50 mile round trip to get my rifle. What gives?

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Usually it is just the system and nothing more. Pain yes, but most times it is the feds using an Atari computer with no software support.

hemicharger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   1
    Mar 14, 2008
    Anywhere
    The NICS system was down for a short period of time today. Don't forget to put your SS number on the 4473. If you dont, you run the risk of getting delayed until they can properly identify you.

Saiga223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    The NICS system was down for a short period of time today. Don't forget to put your SS number on the 4473. If you dont, you run the risk of getting delayed until they can properly identify you.

Thanks, that explains it. I always put my social on them because I have a "common" name.

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    Did someone get a little Mosin envy? :laugh:

Its ok.. even with your delay you'll still be able to shoot yours before I get a chance to shoot mine. I'm stuck in Illinois about 5 hours away from my guns until this weekend. :noway:

Saiga223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Did someone get a little Mosin envy? :laugh:

Its ok.. even with your delay you'll still be able to shoot yours before I get a chance to shoot mine. I'm stuck in Illinois about 5 hours away from my guns until this weekend. :noway:

Ha ha! you pushed me over the ledge with that special price! I couldn't resist!:):

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    Ha ha! you pushed me over the ledge with that special price! I couldn't resist!:):

Neither could I. You should have seen the txt conversation between my and my girlfriend after I had left for work.

Me: "Don't kill me"
    Her: "Oh god what now"
    Her: "... Why is there an 18" bayonet on the kitchen table?"
    Me: "Impulse buy!"
    Her: "You bought a bayonet as an impulse buy?"
    Me: "No, that came free with the rifle behind the door"

She was all about shooting it this weekend until she found the ammo for it. "rambo bullets" she says..

Saiga223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Neither could I. You should have seen the txt conversation between my and my girlfriend after I had left for work.

Me: "Don't kill me"
    Her: "Oh god what now"
    Her: "... Why is there an 18" bayonet on the kitchen table?"
    Me: "Impulse buy!"
    Her: "You bought a bayonet as an impulse buy?"
    Me: "No, that came free with the rifle behind the door"

She was all about shooting it this weekend until she found the ammo for it. "rambo bullets" she says..

"Rambo Bullets" Classic! They are some pretty big shells though, LOL!

boblade

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2011
    Never put SS ON THE 4473 Form you DL is all they Need,why Have your SS Laying around a Gun Shop when they get the OK for you to Take the weaapon the Forms are Suppose to be Distroyed after 90 days That means a Trash Bin some where has your SS in it. ID Theft is up 60%

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Never put SS ON THE 4473 Form you DL is all they Need,why Have your SS Laying around a Gun Shop when they get the OK for you to Take the weaapon the Forms are Suppose to be Distroyed after 90 days That means a Trash Bin some where has your SS in it. ID Theft is up 60%

I have a pretty common name and every time I don't put the SSN I get delayed. I have never been delayed when I use my SSN. I think any reputable gun shop would destroy the documents but you never know. Nobody wants my identity anyways.:D

Top Bottom