CNN article concedes mass shootings likely tied to media coverage of them.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Because referring to it as "contagious" makes it sound like a medical problem. When it come to medical problems Americans will believe almost anything. There's been a movement within the medical industry to try to approach gun control like a disease and brainwash people into believing that a"cure" is possible and in reach. But as most of us here know the problem is FAR MORE complex than that line of thought.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    "contagion"
    "infection"
    "vector"
    Sounds like we're trying to shoehorn firearms into being a public health issue rather than look at actual substantive issues (mental health, NICS system that doesn't work, catch and release criminals, etc.)

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    "Contagion" period of 13 days? Columbine is still inspiring copycats.

New age twaddle. In the end they'll come back to gun control, mark my words...

Or perhaps the media is considering NOT sensationalizing shootings for cheap political ends?

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    Those two idiots who shot up Columbine had this as a goal, to go out literally with a bang and be remembered forever. They had guns, they planted bombs, they had a battle plan. I don't think there are copycats, I think there are a lot of whiny "that's not fair" types who don't know how to manage emotions or how to deal with them.

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    "contagion"
    "infection"
    "vector"
    Sounds like we're trying to shoehorn firearms into being a public health issue rather than look at actual substantive issues (mental health, NICS system that doesn't work, catch and release criminals, etc.)

I think there is more truth to this than you think. When I view some of the liberal comments on gun control articles or shooting articles, many of them refer to gun owners as having a mental problem. This is not just an attempt to discredit us, they really believe the garbage that is coming out of their mouths. They can't understand how anyone in their right mind would want to own a firearm. They actually believe that all gun owners are paranoid schizophrenics, afraid of their own shadows. Many can't even fathom having to harm someone to defend their own life or other lives that are close to them. They would prefer to allow themselves to become a victim, even if it is fatal, rather than to fight back in self-defense.

I believe it is the liberals that have mental issues. You just can't fix stupid. :n00b:

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    The CDC is also injecting themselves, as well as the AMA, in the issue of motorcycle helmet laws. Again, "what does the Center for Disease Control have any business involved in gun control and helmet law legislation ?"

Maybe the AMA should look at the number of deaths caused by medical malpractice and leave the rest of us alone.

Top Bottom