• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indiana Feller

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    I went to Huntington last night to hear the Senatorial candidates debate.

Mr Coats defended his Brady vote and said cocaine dealers where getting smuggled AK's and using them in drive by's. He would not commit to defending second amendment rights for Hoosiers.

After the debate I shook his hand and thanking him for selling out our rights. He said he thought it was the right decision. Then his charming wife says "that was for guns that go dat, dat, dat,..... we don't need guns like that anyway." Thanks Ann coats I slept better knowing that there are good people out there knowing what we need! :noway:

I assured Mr Coats I would remember.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Two (of many) obvious questions for the pair...

Do you really think the AWB actually prevented cocaine dealers from getting weapons?

Why did they law outlaw guns based on looks and not if they went "dat, dat, dat"?

Last edited:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    You should have asked him to stop the government from shipping (not allowing) drugs in the country. Also they could have simply asked that their delivery people stop including the AK's in the shipment.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Thanks for this confirmation. I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to spread your post to a few other forums to make sure that people know that Coats is an anti-gun politician who should never get past the primary election.

We have to make sure we VOTE IN THE PRIMARY and put in a real conservative, not a RINO like Coats.

Rep points given!!!

EDIT:
    Here is a link to what I posted, stealing your OP and calling you a friend (I hope that is OK) over on the 1911 forums: Indiana GOP picks Anti-Gun RINO Dan Coats to run for US Senate - 1911Forum The same was posted on the Charles Daly Forums and the Illinois Carry Forums (some Hoosiers visit that one) and the Triple F ranch forums. If anyone is a member of other pro-gun forums you may want to post something very similar on those forums too.​

Last edited:

Indiana Feller

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    Two (of many) obvious questions for the pair...

Do you really think the AWB actually prevented cocaine dealers from getting weapons?

Why did the law outlaw guns based on looks and not if they went "dat, dat, dat"?

When I tried to respond to Mrs. I am aware of 2nd amendment issues he asked me to not talk to her. For courtesy sake I complied.

He really didn't want to speak to the issue other than he defends his position. I assured him my vote remembered.

Indiana Feller

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    Thanks for this confirmation. I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to spread your post to a few other forums to make sure that people know that Coats is an anti-gun politician who should never get past the primary election.

We have to make sure we VOTE IN THE PRIMARY and put in a real conservative, not a RINO like Coats.

Rep points given!!!

EDIT:
    Here is a link to what I posted, stealing your OP and calling you a friend (I hope that is OK) over on the 1911 forums: Indiana GOP picks Anti-Gun RINO Dan Coats to run for US Senate - 1911Forum The same was posted on the Charles Daly Forums and the Illinois Carry Forums (some Hoosiers visit that one) and the Triple F ranch forums. If anyone is a member of other pro-gun forums you may want to post something very similar on those forums too.​

By all means spread the word! I was shocked by her response.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    You did good.

No need to engage his wife, that would have just pissed him off and its obvious that she is ignorant of the real issues based on her reply, so really it would have been pointless.

We all have to remember that Paul Helmke, president of the Brady Campaign, is a PERSONAL FRIEND of Dan Coats, Coats even endorsed Helmke when he ran for Senate here in the past. We will not get Coats to change his mind, its closed.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    So, despite confirming that Coats is unreliable on 2A, was the "meet the candidates" forum worth attending? They are pimping one in Indy and I can't decide whether to go or not.

Indiana Feller

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    So, despite confirming that Coats is unreliable on 2A, was the "meet the candidates" forum worth attending? They are pimping one in Indy and I can't decide whether to go or not.

Yes I feel these forums are very worthwhile. I have plenty to do besides meet the candidates but they want to represent you. Go and watch them, listen and make an informed choice!

Much of are problem is in the past we slept and had little information to make choices on.

I am planning on voting for Stutzman based on these debates, before i went to a debate I would have chosen Behney. I think there are some good candidates in the primaries.

Decide, support, vote. It's are land lets take her back peacefully while we can!

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I went to Huntington last night to hear the Senatorial candidates debate.

Mr Coats defended his Brady vote and said cocaine dealers where getting smuggled AK's and using them in drive by's. He would not commit to defending second amendment rights for Hoosiers.

After the debate I shook his hand and thanking him for selling out our rights. He said he thought it was the right decision. Then his charming wife says "that was for guns that go dat, dat, dat,..... we don't need guns like that anyway." Thanks Ann coats I slept better knowing that there are good people out there knowing what we need! :noway:

I assured Mr Coats I would remember.

There is not enough Lysol in the world for me to shake that slimeball's hand.

When I tried to respond to Mrs. I am aware of 2nd amendment issues he asked me to not talk to her. For courtesy sake I complied.

He really didn't want to speak to the issue other than he defends his position. I assured him my vote remembered.

If he does not want her spoken to, he needs to ensure that she does not talk. If he wants to be my employee, he DA*N well better show more respect to his potential employers!

Coats is completely reliable on the 2A. He will vote against it every time.

Yes I feel these forums are very worthwhile. I have plenty to do besides meet the candidates but they want to represent you. Go and watch them, listen and make an informed choice!

Much of are problem is in the past we slept and had little information to make choices on.

I am planning on voting for Stutzman based on these debates, before i went to a debate I would have chosen Behney. I think there are some good candidates in the primaries.

Decide, support, vote. It's are land lets take her back peacefully while we can!

I'm not sure Stutzman is the best choice. It has nothing to do with his positions; everything I've seen says those are solid. Is there a reason you're not considering John Hostettler? I noticed you didn't mention him at all.

Coats just needs to take a long, long hike. Perhaps from here to Afghanistan.

Note that I said nothing about a boat or plane.

Blessings,
    Bill

truegrit

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Highland,IN
    I am also voting for Stutzman after seeing the Warsaw debate I was not impressed with Coats nor Hostettlers support of the national ID card. Behney is to inexperienced and I didn't like the cheap shots he was taking. it showed no class.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Forgive me, I'm not tracking, what does "Brady" have to do with your conversation???:dunno:

Kirk, I think he was just saying that he questioned Coats about having voted in favor of the '93 Brady bill, and despite all evidence that it did nothing useful, Coats still stands by his vote and would, given half a chance, do it again.

OP, if I'm mistaken, please correct the error.

Blessings,
    Bill

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I won't vote for Coats but you can bet the big money will make him the candidate knowing that he will lose to Elsworth in the election. I've never understood this sort of decision making but you see it all the time.:rolleyes:

Indiana Feller

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    Kirk, I think he was just saying that he questioned Coats about having voted in favor of the '93 Brady bill, and despite all evidence that it did nothing useful, Coats still stands by his vote and would, given half a chance, do it again.

OP, if I'm mistaken, please correct the error.

Blessings,
    Bill

You are correct. Actually during the debate the candidates were asked if they would ever support legislation or actions that would seize citizens guns such as recently happened during Katrina. Coats was the only candidate who said he would. I honestly believe the other 4 candidates are all very pro gun. The differences are on a few issues and personalities.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    John Hostettler is going to sweep this.
    I'll put his numbers at +13 on the primary and +7 in the general election.

Name recognition is pretty solid, he just needs to get word out in the North where he's not as well-known, and to seal the deal with the People - to show them how committed he is to social and fiscal conservatism.

Top Bottom