• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maxcoen

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2009
    North Side
    Yeh I know I carry an LCP but I thought this might be a good little gun to throw my pocket for SHTF senerio, very close quarters.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    I carried a Davis Derringer in .38 for quite a while. I shot it enough to find it totally reliable, but it wasn't the most fun thing to shoot..

NWI40cal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Hammond
    Got to shoot my buddies .38 spl. derringer on my birthday. Wasn't too much fun, and shooting anything is usually fun. The meat between the thumb and forefinger gets beat up REALLY fast.

Before you buy it, flip open and look at the... I don't know the proper term for it, where the firing pins strike the primer, with the hammer ALL the way down.

One of the firing pins constantly protrudes from here, unless you carry it on half-cock, full cocked wouldn't be too wise, even though it takes 2 fingers to pull the trigger lol.

maxcoen

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2009
    North Side
    Got to shoot my buddies .38 spl. derringer on my birthday. Wasn't too much fun, and shooting anything is usually fun. The meat between the thumb and forefinger gets beat up REALLY fast.

Before you buy it, flip open and look at the... I don't know the proper term for it, where the firing pins strike the primer, with the hammer ALL the way down.

One of the firing pins constantly protrudes from here, unless you carry it on half-cock, full cocked wouldn't be too wise, even though it takes 2 fingers to pull the trigger lol.

I had heard that about the firing pin. Do you think you can cock it with one hand reliably? Thanks

gunrunner1212

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2008
    Anderson
    I have one in 38spl. its trigger pull is really heavy but i carry it any ways its a cheap gun to leave in the truck when you go to places you can't carry in. Quality isn't too bad there is worse out there, you get what you pay for sometimes. And your supposed to leave the hammer in half-cocked position so the firing pins don't press on the primers. The safety blocks the firing pins so its safe all in all.:twocents:

Top Bottom