• ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Covid will get him before that happens.
    No! I'm sure if Trump hadn't helped Oz win the primary that McCormick would have won and then the hedge fund manager on sabbatical to go be a senator would have shown McConnell what for!

That's what establishment republicans do - the will of the people!

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    “Having been in Congress since 1985, McConnell has spent decades clawing his way to the top of Senate GOP leadership, while simultaneously spending millions of dollars through super PACs in Republican primaries across the country to back candidates who will support such a conquest. For him to full-heartedly back anti-establishment candidates such as Masters in a general election would mean bringing a conservative to Washington who could potentially oust him from such a position and actually return power to conservative Americans. And for the 80-year-old Senate Minority Leader, that is simply unacceptable.”

“Whether Republican voters like to admit it, McConnell and the GOP establishment have looked down on them — and continue to do so — with utter disdain. Such is the reason why any Republican candidate not specifically chosen by party leadership must be both delegitimized and destroyed. No matter the cost, the establishment simply cannot allow the base of the party to disrupt its decades-long hold on power.

“At the end of the day, McConnell would rather have another two years of a Democrat-controlled Senate where he remains party leader than a Republican-controlled one where he’s not. This November, voters must wrestle back power not just from Democrats, but from swamp creatures like McConnell as well, lest our country continue to pay the price.”

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Did you read the article I posted that shows that McConnell only funds candidates loyal to him so he cannot be ousted. I read that was bad in the Trump threads.
    Yes. That does not explain the majority of the Rs in the Senate voting for him. It takes at least 24 Senators besides him to get him a majority. He apparently won 37-10.

Looks like Braun was one of those against him. Too bad he will be leaving soon.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Yes. That does not explain the majority of the Rs in the Senate voting for him. It takes at least 24 Senators besides him to get him a majority. He apparently won 37-10.

Looks like Braun was one of those against him. Too bad he will be leaving soon.
    How does his support of the 37 not explain why they support him? Half of those are likely the republican chicken types that feather their own nest so they vote for whoever has the power.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    How does his support of the 37 not explain why they support him? Half of those are likely the republican chicken types that feather their own nest so they vote for whoever has the power.
    You think all of them are in office because of McConnell?

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Until the GOP figures out how to best use campaign funds to actually drive voter turnout, I don't think pouring a bunch of money into a race actually does much.

People aren't voting based on campaign ads and the GOP still runs a very traditional ground game. Meanwhile, Democrats use the money for ballot harvesting, lining up shuttles to bus people to the polls.

Until Republicans can start running races the way voting works today, they're going to keep losing. Stop complaining about mail in voting and learn how to get people to actually do it.
    True, but we need to remember there are 3 parties. Democrats, Rino's and Republicans. We have a pretty good idea who is who. The Rino's are actually center Democrats - maybe. The money will be spent on groups that support the "Rinocrats" and the Republicans will suffer.

I wonder what the demoncrats thought of Kennedy? Oh, we already know that answer.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    You think all of them are in office because of McConnell?
    Nope. There are committee asignments and a whole host of things McConnell can pay off the votes with. Probably half of those that voted for him have loyalty to the perks, including big campaign money.

If you were a senator would you be in the 10 or the 37? My guess is several will have decided they can do as much for conservatives voting for him than being on the outs with him. I do not agree but they do…

TheTrooper

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2021
    Realityville, IN
    The obvious vote fraud of 2020 was not corrected. It escalated in 2022. It has likely been going on for decades.
    I am pretty sure we are not voting our way out of anything.

PS: Mitch's wife has been a chicom for decades, just like Feinstein’s driver. Do we think all the other senators are unaware of these facts?

21DF57B7-5FD6-4A06-81C2-4BCE76FCF40D.jpeg

Top Bottom