• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • unshelledpilot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2014
    Hammond
    I didn't know this was a thing. Apparently, departments all over the nation are hosting community events at local coffee shops to interact with the communities they serve. No big speeches, no agenda. It just so happens that Hammond PD is hosting one next Wednesday (2-11) at The Wheel in Hammond. I am not a part of the Department, I'm just a resident who thinks that this is a great opportunity to get to know some folks in my PD.

Hammond Police Department to host Coffee with a Cop | City of Hammond, Indiana

I'd love to see some INGOers out there, I will definitely be attending, I'll be the guy OCing, with my dingy black and yellow baseball cap. Come say hi.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I know a lot of depts. are doing this. They are even having a family type gatherings like this serving hot chocolate to the kids.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Duuuh... it's called "Dunkin' Donuts"! :laugh:

Hmmm, having a 'cop o' coffee with a coffee cop'? :lmfao:

4 p.m. - 6 p.m., for those who didn't click the link. :yesway:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I haven't had a problem since I moved here

Of course, now I can't find the threads I need.

1) The city of Hammond has 3 ordnances violating the State of Indiana's Firearms' Preemption. They were taken to court, and the court ruled the ordnances can stand, as long as Hammond doesn't enforce them. In court, that was argued that it would be similar to the city putting up a wrong speed limit sign on the highway, where they have no jurisdiction.

2) An INGOer was detained for carrying while cutting grass, on his own property.

3) Mayor McDermott has stated publically that he is anti-gun, and will do everything he can to get rid of them.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Of course, now I can't find the threads I need.

1) The city of Hammond has 3 ordnances violating the State of Indiana's Firearms' Preemption. They were taken to court, and the court ruled the ordnances can stand, as long as Hammond doesn't enforce them. In court, that was argued that it would be similar to the city putting up a wrong speed limit sign on the highway, where they have no jurisdiction.

2) An INGOer was detained for carrying while cutting grass, on his own property.

3) Mayor McDermott has stated publically that he is anti-gun, and will do everything he can to get rid of them.

I must have missed that thread. Now to go and try to find it.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-leo-interaction-today.html?highlight=Hammond

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ammond-looking-trouble.html?highlight=Hammond

Last edited:

unshelledpilot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2014
    Hammond

Both of these are from several years ago. Like I said, I haven't had a problem with anyone since I moved here; neighbors, cops, store clerks, no one. There's even a sheriff's deputy stationed at the Walmart up here, we make eye contact every time I walk in and I don't get gunned down. No problems for me.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    One of the IMPD districts (East) is hosting a coffee with a cop event:

Feb 23rd 8-11am
    McDonald's @ 1611 N Meridian St

Top Bottom