• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • P-Shooter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Ordered a closeout Spear Point Recon 1, and an 18" Barong Machete from their Special Projects flyer a few weeks ago. Last week, I received the Spear Point Recon, and an 18" Spear Point Machete. Called CS customer service, and they told me it wasn't cost effective to have me return the Spear Point Machete, they would just send me a Barong Machete. Got it today, very happy. I realize that this probably means their machetes cost much less than the $10 they charge on sale, but from my point of view, I got a free machete, which cancelled out the shipping. :yesway:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    You'll not find much love for Cold Steel from the "knife people"...

But I agree, that's mighty good customer service!!

-J-

Antelope08

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2010
    New Palestine
    Having been in the retail end of the business I can tell you why "Knife People" do not like Cold Steel. The compary sells direct to the public, at discount prices and sells seconds. From a retail point of view why would you sell a product from a company that competes directly against its retailers. I had the owner ask me one time (FTF) why I did not stock their product, I said "Do I need to tell you why?" His response was "No, but....."

But they do make a half way decent product. Their customer service is hit and miss. AND THEIR WARRANTIES SUCK. If their product is as great as they claim why not a lifetime warranty (instead of 5 years fixed, 1 year folder). If their product is as good as they claim why the worst warranty of all top manufactuers?

Last edited:

P-Shooter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I have a Recon Tanto Second, that arrived in great shape other than a blemish on the black coating. I see on their July 4th flyer they have the previous gen Recon 1's 2@$60. I ordered 4, 3 for gifts and one as a spare. No internet ordering, you have to call. Here's the link...

July 4th Sale

GlenD65

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Hamilton County, IN
    Having been in the retail end of the business I can tell you why "Knife People" do not like Cold Steel. The compary sells direct to the public, at discount prices and sells seconds. From a retail point of view why would you sell a product from a company that competes directly against its retailers. I had the owner ask me one time (FTF) why I did not stock their product, I said "Do I need to tell you why?" His response was "No, but....."

But they do make a half way decent product. Their customer service is hit and miss. AND THEIR WARRANTIES SUCK. If their product is as great as they claim why not a lifetime warranty (instead of 5 years fixed, 1 year folder). If their product is as good as they claim why the worst warranty of all top manufactuers?

I have to agree with everything you said. I used to sell Cold Steel (and most other major brands) as well. Good products but I don't like manufacturers competing with their dealers.

barricade

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    i like cold steel, hard o find another company with as large of a variety and with extream durability and price competiveness, i could care less about them competeing with there dealers as far as a see it that just makes it more affordible for people like me. :twocents: im just sayin.

GlenD65

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Hamilton County, IN
    i like cold steel, hard o find another company with as large of a variety and with extream durability and price competiveness, i could care less about them competeing with there dealers as far as a see it that just makes it more affordible for people like me. :twocents: im just sayin.

I see your point. As a consumer, you are looking for the best deal on the goods. The flip side is that when local dealers have to compete with the manufacturer, the dealer sometimes gives up and drops the line. I do order from the internet but I also like to try before I buy...at a local dealer.

DanO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    NW IN
    I ordered 3 items On line from them 2 weeks ago. After I ordered, a new sales flyer came out on all 3 items, but they had given me a 10% LEO discount, so I didn't mind. When I got my items and invoice this week, I found they had already applied the new sales price to the items, even though it was not in effect when I placed the order. That is great service!

GlenD65

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Hamilton County, IN
    I ordered 3 items On line from them 2 weeks ago. After I ordered, a new sales flyer came out on all 3 items, but they had given me a 10% LEO discount, so I didn't mind. When I got my items and invoice this week, I found they had already applied the new sales price to the items, even though it was not in effect when I placed the order. That is great service!

Wow, that's fantastic! They have two sites, by the way...coldsteel.com and ltspecpro.com. The second one usually has the best prices.

Top Bottom